Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa new devices discovery issue

donL

Question

I have installed Fibaro Smart Home Skill and Custom Skill by having requested Fibaro logins. Skills are enabled in Alexa app (for Echo Plus and Dot 2nd).

For some reason Alexa app won't discover any of the Fibaro devices. I have for instance a dimmer for lights and its 'Controlled Device' type in the advanced menu is set to 'Lightning'.

I have rebooted my HC2 as someone suggested in one of the earlier posts regarding discovery issues. Any hints to discover Fibaro devices? 

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Seems like the problem is related to FIBARO ID account.

Edited by donL
    More information

Hello. Sorry for my English. I had the same problem. Finally it succeeded. I entered the ID account and removed HC2. Then I added HC2 to the ID again.:)

Hello, I had the same issues, but managed to solve it. The initial linking stops in case you have more than 1 HC, like in my case, so you have to ask Alexa for the HC list. After the voice guided selection of the needed HC everything went well.

• Inquirer
  • I have solved it as well. The problem was related to my twisted FibaroID account. Alexa works well now!