Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

scenes with timer work random and a question about controlling valves

RobVeenis

Question

Dear Members,

Mij heating system is consisting of a CV unit with a normal thermostat in the livingroom.

Floorheating at the ground floor, livingroom and the bathroom first floor. (rest is not important).

I use a wallplug to monitor the energyconsumption of the CV  and made 2 scenes that switch on and of the pump of the floorheating  according to the fact if the CV  is active or not.

This works like a charm and can be a good tip to everybody with a floor heating system since the pump of the floorheating is not consuming energy when the CV is off!

Furthermore I have installed 5 electrical valves (NC) for the floorheating connected to 3 double switches by Fibaro (the 6the I use to contol the pump of the floor heating system)

Then I made 2 simple time based scenes to control the valves.

First scene "bathroom on" will close the valves in the livingroom at a certain time so all the warmth goes to the bathroom.

Second scene "bathroom off" is time and temperature based to switch back on the heating in the livingroom.

For some reason the scenes don't start everyday but most of the days they do.

Anybody a clue what is wrong?

Then I would like to make a scene that will close the valves when the CV is turned off but I am afraid that this will interphere whith my current scenes.

Anybody a suggestion?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Any help would be appriciated!

2 answers to this question

Hi @RobVeenis,

I have a few questions for you:

1. The first scene seems to be controlling only that one variable and there is no device included. Could you explain that?
2. Is the bathroom temp device a temperature sensor? And what are you trying to achieve by delaying its action by 60s?
3. Is there a third scene that is using those variables? It would explain a lot, and it would be really helpful if you were able to show me how it looks like.

• Inquirer
  • Dear Mr. Smolinski,

The only reason why I use a variable in that scene is because I can make scenes based on this variable later, because as you probably know conditions in subscenes are not checked but variables are. (answer to#1 and #3 question)

The temperature sensor is an everspring ST-814, the delay was from switching it too much but doesn't help.

At the current time (after a lot of experiments)  the result is that the scene "bathroom on" only works in the week but not in the weekends.

"Bathroom off" is sometimes triggered every minute by the temperature.

Hope to have given enough information