Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Heat panel error on manual and holiday control

Axeman

Question

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed beha heat convectors 2000W in my house.  The convectors have by manufacturer a temperature selector witch i set to the maximum point on every convector.  Each of these convectors are powered and controlled (ON/OFF) via Fibaro single switch.  To separate the house into heating zones i am using the Fibaro motion sensor to act as a thermostat in every room/zone (and as an alarm) and link the Fibaro single switch of the convectors in every room.  The zoning works when the room temperature is lower than what i set in the zone the heat convectors turn on and when it reaches that temperature the heat convectors are set off by Fibaro ( i am using HC2 btw) in the heating panel.  I can set manual mode and  holiday from my computer.  The problem is when i try to set it manually or set holiday mode on my ipad or my adroid phone,  it gives me a message saying "Cannot Enable Manual Mode" and "Cannot Enable Holiday Mode".  Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Thank you all in advance

3 answers to this question

On 26/1/2018 at 11:52 AM, Axeman said:

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed beha heat convectors 2000W in my house.  The convectors have by manufacturer a temperature selector witch i set to the maximum point on every convector.  Each of these convectors are powered and controlled (ON/OFF) via Fibaro single switch.  To separate the house into heating zones i am using the Fibaro motion sensor to act as a thermostat in every room/zone (and as an alarm) and link the Fibaro single switch of the convectors in every room.  The zoning works when the room temperature is lower than what i set in the zone the heat convectors turn on and when it reaches that temperature the heat convectors are set off by Fibaro ( i am using HC2 btw) in the heating panel.  I can set manual mode and  holiday from my computer.  The problem is when i try to set it manually or set holiday mode on my ipad or my adroid phone,  it gives me a message saying "Cannot Enable Manual Mode" and "Cannot Enable Holiday Mode".  Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Thank you all in advance

Hi

The problem is not resolved

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by hTiger1
  • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Hello hTiger1,

Here's what i found out during my experimentation.  While a user that has access to the whole system cannot access manual or holiday mode on the zones, if i login as the superuser i can control these aspects via the fibaro app on android, iphone and ipad but i believe this option should be given to a any user eg. if i want a person to access his own room zone for example, he/she should be able to set temperature to his/her taste. 

I hope this helps you too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Axeman said:

Hello hTiger1,

Here's what i found out during my experimentation.  While a user that has access to the whole system cannot access manual or holiday mode on the zones, if i login as the superuser i can control these aspects via the fibaro app on android, iphone and ipad but i believe this option should be given to a any user eg. if i want a person to access his own room zone for example, he/she should be able to set temperature to his/her taste. 

I hope this helps you too.

Hi

Thank you, we totally agree. :)