Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Doorlock Issue, Camera Issue, Secondary Controller

alandee

Question

Hi,

I've added my zwave door lock for the millionth time and synchronised it again, but I can't actually get the lock to open when a code is entered whilst it is synched and on the zwave network. If i remove it from the network then the codes work fine.

I have about 2 weeks to work out how best to allow access to a number of people throughout the day as my mother inlaw who is very elderly has come to live with us, and requires a lot of external services and support.

I've also got some issues with cameras that I would like to sort out as they don't show up all the time in the user interface when they should.

So, as I'm doing this 'for real' now, I'm thinking of getting a secondary controller to control doors and cameras better. I believe Vera is a good option for doorlock, access and camera control ? can anyone confirm this please.

I need to get something happening sooner rather than later, and since door locks are still limited and unreliable since many betas ago, my hand is being forced.

Lighting is a dream currently, and with the fibaro button and sensors within the alarm system it's fantastic, but locks are very important to me now.

Cheers,

al.

7 answers to this question

Guest fat

I have only had one issue with door locks after adding removing them and adding them again last week to try out sync. The issue I had with one door lock was that it would drop sync so I had to move the HC2 closer to that door lock

I am running 4.150 and Lockwood Digital Deadbolts

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @fat I'm running the lockwoods as well, and they have been functioning, just not 'well'

That aside, I have a KAS lever lock on order as well which should be here early next week,

Please login or register to see this link.

so I'm keen to see if that is supported any better.

Update : So on the 1 million and first attempt it appears now after resetting and rebooting the lock, the HC2 and everything else, as well as taking the lock off the door again, and placing it directly next to the HC2, that it is working.

Now I just have a 4 digit issue, which I guess I can live with until things are improved, although it is our primary access point so having at least a 6 or 8 digit code in the HC2 would be useful, being as the lock supports it ..

Still thinking about a secondary controller, or if we knew when the HC3 was coming I could use HC2 as secondary, and offload some of the pain !

Bring on Beta 4.161 !

Cheers,

al.

Edited by alandee

Guest fat

Glad to hear you finally got it working @alandee  I had huge issues with including mine a long time ago if you remember but this time I removed them and included them by putting them on top of HC2 and they both worked on the first go

• Inquirer
  • Yep, I had them working fine until I tried to get fancy and synch them, now that they are working I wonder why I bothered, as you can't get individual notifications for which pin has accessed the door, and I can only get 4 digit pins. I seriously wonder how many of the devs at Fibaro actually use Z-Wave on a daily basis !

I was better of not synchronising, and just lock and unlock remotely, but still have 6 to 8 digit pins, and still not knowing who has accessed the door .. I think I'll get a Vera as a gateway, apparently they handle security items better than Fibaro, but the HC2 is still hard to beat for everything else.

Cheers,

al.

• Inquirer
  • KAS isn't going to be much joy, it's 6 digits .. doh !

Guest fat

You can still add longer pin codes via the lock but not via HC2 can't you? When I added my lock into HC2 and performed a sync it showed I had a code allocated to a slot and it was 6 digits and it still worked

• Inquirer
  • @fat yes as you suggested you can as I just confirmed.  It is functional at least and useful for services access. Just means you can't add users remotely, but being as they aren't logged as to who accesses the locks anyway, it doesn't probably matter at this stage. Once the hc2 catches up it will make me feel more comfortable. 

Cheers,

al.