Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Blinking green, spamming temperature,

DennisD

Question

My 1st motion sensor is running great with my domoticz setuo, but my 2nd sensor is giving my a lot of issues. Including isn't a issue and gets recoginized correctly, however the sensor keeps blinking green and keeps sending the temperature value, and therefor my battery drains really fast  (1 day). I tried multiple things but none seem  to work. I have tried disabling temperature measurements, settings seems to have been send to the sensor however these are ignored and temperature value keeps getting send. Green light blinking, tried to disable all led activity without result, settings seem to have send, just get ignored. Tried to exclude and reinclude again, no dice. Did a hard reset, no dice. Bit stuck at the moment and think my motion sensor seem to be defect. Any suggestions 

Edited by DennisD

9 answers to this question

You have the correct parameters?

You wake up the device after changing the settings?

You have the correct manual? Please check firmware version of device.

If it really is ZW Plus then I expect it to be 3.X. Then try this:

Please login or register to see this image.

if it is 2.5 - 2.8 " then you'll have to read this instead:

FGMS-001-EN-A-v1.01.pdf

• Inquirer
  • I copied the settings from the existing (working motions sensor, same type) and it still behaved the same. Firmware version is 3.0.2. After every change i woke up the sensor by pressing the b button, I used the correct manual, problem still occurs

1 minute ago, DennisD said:

Firmware version is 3.0.2. After every change i woke up the sensor by pressing the b button, I used the correct manual, problem still occurs

Thanks. If the sensor does not accept the parameters... that is really weird, because inclusion is a complex thing and that clearly worked. Updating a parameter is less demanding and it is standard across Z-Wave devices. Maybe try one simple parameter, like "6. Motion detection - alarm cancellation delay". Please pay attention to the Parameter size: 2 [bytes] because if you get this wrong, the device rejects the update. Did your controller software change between the inclusion of the working and non-working device?

Maybe one last idea before I give up: exclude, then perform reset procedure as stated in the manual...

• Inquirer
  • No settings seem to be accepted by the sensor, also tried excluding and resetting, but the same thing occured. Think the is a defective unit :( Shame as i bought it a over a year ago and forgot about it, and now the company which i bought it from is bankrupt :(

That's bad news.

Don't give up yet. If inclusion works and it sends report it can be a hardware issue, but that would not be my first conclusion.

Are you sure you wake up the device? It is triple click, not single click.

You don't happen to know anyone with another controller? Can you go to a shop?

Also send a mail to [email protected] and explain. They might offer you a solution. But you have to mail them, posting here is not enough.

A wild shot: Battery powered z-wave devices can be a little peculiar when coming to inclusion to the master. Some of them need to be included _very_ close to the master to be includen correctly. If everything seems not to work, try to remove it, reset the master, and include it max. 1/2 meter from the master. Sometimes it helps.

Woops. Just realised that petergebruers suggested you to do exactly that in his last mail. But still; proximity matters.

Edited by Thomasn

• Inquirer
  • Excluded the sensor, and included it via the USB zwave controller. Now it is listed as notification sensor and i have tot figure out how to fix that

Now the sensor is correctly seen however the the green light is still blinking and settings are not taken :(

Thanks for the help 

Edited by DennisD