Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

KB: FIBARO Intercom iOS app installation

I.Srodka

Question

Hello!

This is a piece from our Knowledge Base but I think it's also worth sharing it here:

Please login or register to see this link.

It's a description of a setup process of the FIBARO Intercom on iOS.

13 answers to this question

Thanks ! @I.Srodka

I'm currently trying to source one here in Australia, at least so I can get an idea of the pricing in AUD .. have they been made available over here yet ?

Cheers,

al.

Guest fat
4 hours ago, alandee said:

Thanks ! @I.Srodka

I'm currently trying to source one here in Australia, at least so I can get an idea of the pricing in AUD .. have they been made available over here yet ?

Cheers,

al.

You are one brave man. Once the Australia tax is applied I am thinking that number is going to be huge!!

38 minutes ago, fat said:

I am thinking that number is going to be huge!!

Yep no doubt, but, every serious solution is :( Mobotix, Helios they are all 4 figures .. I'll end up with a ring probs, but might be able to get some integration with my new satel security system... ( once it turns up and I work out what I can and can't do ! )

It's ridiculous what we pay here for zwave as it is, but market size is the determining factor I suppose.

Cheers,

al.

Guest fat

I was really looking forward to the Fibaro intercom but my door faces west and here on the Gold Coast I am worried it will cook and at $1000+ it's an expensive test

Hey hi! 

Has as anyone had trouble on setting up the intercom and iOS? I keep getting this message and I can’t make further Config as shown on manual 

i have reset it... and tried out all connection types... can anyone help as Fibaro supports Kees sending me that same steps and it just won’t configure 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by qmoreira

Did you try to enter your IP-settings manually?

My first attempt with dynamic IP-settings did fail also.

But after manually entering the IP-address, subnet & gateway, the device is working now.

Yes I have tried that too with no luck... it keeps sending me the same message 

Im having the same troubles as qmoreira has...

Tryed ethernet auto and manual, tryed wifi, none of those works...

Same message everytime i try to configure it. Factory reset twice and still not working.

Oh, another question, what if i dont have any apple device (ipad or iphone) to configure it? lets say i only have android tablets... how i configure intercom for the first time?

Edited by Ultimattum

More info about the problem...

Seems the app can configure the intercom ip, i can see it in the local net, but the app still showing the message when it tryes to apply the config.

Username, pin and local pass seems to not be applied when the intercom app tryes to apply the config.

From the home center 2 i can see the fibaro intercom on the net, but cant be configured and the "email" (email? what email if i didnt give any email to the intercom app) and the local password, doesnt seems to be correct, so the home center 2 cant connect to fibaro intercom.

To be more specific, the app gives an IP to the intercom but doesnt configure anything else. Im starting to think the intercom is malfunctioning and should be returned for a new one...

Still waiting response from some admin or dev about this problem.

Hey @Ultimattum

exactly i I have the same results... the intercom does have an ip even if you try to set it up with manual ip... you look it up it network and does appears

i stuck there too with no results and no answer from fibaro too 

On 9-2-2018 at 6:17 AM, alandee said:

Yep no doubt, but, every serious solution is :( Mobotix, Helios they are all 4 figures .. I'll end up with a ring probs, but might be able to get some integration with my new satel security system... ( once it turns up and I work out what I can and can't do ! )

It's ridiculous what we pay here for zwave as it is, but market size is the determining factor I suppose.

Cheers,

al.

Hi @alandee,

Too bad that a a Helios intercom doesn't work in combination with Android!

I have a 2N Helios IP Vario intercom + Gold license here on the shelf for several years now but it's only getting dusty so far :( 

And still the Fibaro plugin says it will work with Ios AND Android........ Shameless!

Hey @TRicky, I'm suprised the Helios doesn't work .. you can run it outside of Fibaro with the app on android right ?

Please login or register to see this link.

Although the app and reliability does appear to be pretty poorly rated.

That is a shame.