Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Fibaro Dimmer 2 with 8 LED panels One panel is blinking

TOMAR Electronics

Question

HI. I use Fibaro Dimmer 2 with 8 LED panels every one of them is 18W and i use bypass. The LED's are not dimmable and it is connected on 2 wire connection. It was OK over a month. Then One panel start blinking a have disconnect it After 5 days the other panel start blinking. The same .. I have disconnected it, after that over 5 days it was OK, now the another panel start blinking. When i increase the brightness level start to have Voltage Drop Drift. Any solution for that?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by TOMAR Electronics
attach picture

5 answers to this question

"The LED's are not dimmable"  "When i increase the brightness level ....."

I am not giving you a sure answer here, but theese two comments could answer it. If they do not support dim, why are you dimming, this might destroy the LED`s or driver.

• Inquirer
  • They are not dimmable. I increase param. 2 Max. Brightnes so the LED's can start normal. But when i increase that brughtness then i have error Voltage Drop Drift. I use Dimmer because it is a 2 wire system. Can not use anything else. Have not N load.

Ah. You should decrease (not increase) the max dimming level in steps of 5 until it is stable again. If you set it too high, the lamp gets more power but this might cause the dimmer to get none. Then it indeed reports "voltage drop".

The only other option is to add N+L (3-wire setup, which you say is impossible in your case)

Edited by petergebruers