Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Yale Lock not completing sync process

suds32nz

Question

HI

Still no luck with my lock, do you need to remove it and re add it to get the slots to work.

Have a yale lock - Touchscreen Digital Deadbolt - SYEDDB/220/NZ

Works fine as a lock ie lock unlock.

Device kind:Door lock

Producer:ASSA ABLOY

Version:83.32

Configuration:Device configured

Thanks

Has anyone had any luck getting this Yale lock to work properly? 
I just has another go at it today.  Still no luck getting it to synchronise.  Went all the way back to a factory reset on the lock.

It must have been a fluke the time I did get it to sync and it showed all the user names and I could set the PINs.

I too am experiencing these same issues and have already tried all the suggestions posted in this conversation.

I am only two weeks into my HC2 migration. My three Lockwood locks worked flawlessly and were totally configurable, in my previous Vera system...

I have been following this thread for a few years now... After literally days of trying, I gave up trying to sync my Lockwood/Yale lock with Fibaro and had set it up to talk to an old Vera box and then had integrated scenes from/to vera from Fibaro. The Vera box gave up the ghost the other day so tried again. I added the lock. Fibaro found it quickly and said it was synchronising. The lock made a sound like it had failed and turn off. When I went to join menu on lock it was still showing option to Join a zwave network so assumed it had failed. Fortuitously, I needed to go out for 3 hours at that point. Came home and saw the lock now was showing as having joined a network. Went to the fibaro and could see the lock. I tried to lock/unlock and didn't work and didn't have the pins. Did a reconfigure on it from fibaro and I could then lock and unlock via Fibaro ! Couldn't still see the pins. Did a sync and now that is working too. Happy days ! Still is no template for the device so can only lock/unlock and set pins but that is workable...Finally ! Now if FIbaro could only load the template for Yale/Lockwood, it would be 100% functional....

I was having issues with doing anything more than locking and unlocking (including getting feedback from the lock that it had locked or unlocked) until a day or two ago, it's now all working flawlessly. Even getting notifications that a certain PIN has unlocked the door. I did email the template to Fibaro when I first installed the lock as a note popped up on my HC2 asking me to do so, but I haven't updated  the HC2 since then so I don't know how it could have helped.

I looked and the lock is still showing as not having a template and suggesting emailing it to Fibaro so I have no idea why it's now working, but I'm not complaining.

It's a YRD-ZWM-1. What I found is that it takes a few days to get fully configured. Also to control the PIN codes from HC2 you need to have added them from HC2. If you try to add existing PIN codes from HC2 it won't let you as they will be duplicates, so you need to delete them from the lock itself and then add them from HC2. I had a weird thing going on where it got added as a slave to the Aeotec recessed door sensor. I've since remove and readded all devices on my network so it's currently not fully configured again and not giving me feedback of all lock/unlock events, whereas it was doing that the other day. For some reason when it's not fully configured I have to click synchronise for the PIN list to be displayed, whereas once it's fully configured it shows up every time I open the device.

Edited by level3ninja

Yeah, there we go :(

It's simply not reliable has been my findings.

I'll upgrade to 4.560 in the coming days and see if I get any different results with it. 

Problem for me is I have to power my HC2 down and move it close to the door/lock.  And these days that's always hit & miss as to whether it will start up correctly.  Such a pain that it's so unreliable.