Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Geofence location totally useless ?

Vinisz

Question

Hi All,

I tried to use my iphone for presence/location detection in combination with the fibaro mobile app & HC2 locations.

current location in the HC2 looks good.

I tried making 2 blokscenes to test, one to send me an e-mail and push when leaving an area with range 100m

and one for entering an area with range 100m.

However, I never receive any push/mail, it looks like nothing is happening.

The fibaro app has access to location data of the Iphone all the time.

Am I missing something or is this just not working ?

9 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Vinisz said:

Hi All,

I tried to use my iphone for presence/location detection in combination with the fibaro mobile app & HC2 locations.

current location in the HC2 looks good.

I tried making 2 blokscenes to test, one to send me an e-mail and push when leaving an area with range 100m

and one for entering an area with range 100m.

However, I never receive any push/mail, it looks like nothing is happening.

The fibaro app has access to location data of the Iphone all the time.

Am I missing something or is this just not working ?

I have also been looking into this today, what I don't get is how HC can "see" which phone is mine ?
I have a looong list of devices, but nowhere to say, "this is my phone" ?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_02/image.png.b706bc061a2b3008c3169564beba98c2.png" alt="image.png.b706bc061a2b3008c3169564beba98c2.png" />

Hi @Vinisz

I'm using this scene for sending push message when I in range of 100m from home and the opposite

change only your location and phone id from mine :

--[[
%% properties
2 Location
%% events
%% globals
--]]
fibaro:debug("-------------------") 
fibaro:debug(fibaro:calculateDistance(fibaro:getValue(2, "Location"), "51.0503932399;17.078206084"))  -- set Your location here
fibaro:debug(fibaro:calculateDistance(fibaro:getValue(2, "PreviousLocation"), "51.0503932399;17.078206084")) -- set Your Location here
if  ((fibaro:calculateDistance(fibaro:getValue(2, "Location"), "51.0503932399;17.078206084") <= 100 and fibaro:calculateDistance(fibaro:getValue(2, "PreviousLocation"), "51.0503932399;17.078206084") < 100) ) --100m

then
fibaro:call(398, 'sendPush','Message'); -- in range
else
fibaro:call(398, 'sendPush','Message); --out range
end

1 hour ago, domin12 said:

Hi @Vinisz

I'm using this scene for sending push message when I in range of 100m from home and the opposite

change only your location and phone id from mine :

--[[
%% properties
2 Location
%% events
%% globals
--]]
fibaro:debug("-------------------") 
fibaro:debug(fibaro:calculateDistance(fibaro:getValue(2, "Location"), "51.0503932399;17.078206084"))  -- set Your location here
fibaro:debug(fibaro:calculateDistance(fibaro:getValue(2, "PreviousLocation"), "51.0503932399;17.078206084")) -- set Your Location here
if  ((fibaro:calculateDistance(fibaro:getValue(2, "Location"), "51.0503932399;17.078206084") <= 100 and fibaro:calculateDistance(fibaro:getValue(2, "PreviousLocation"), "51.0503932399;17.078206084") < 100) ) --100m

then
fibaro:call(398, 'sendPush','Message'); -- in range
else
fibaro:call(398, 'sendPush','Message); --out range
end

How do you connect phone id with user ?

@Soft

I don't think that phone id is connected somehow with the user, all devices got his own number when connected to HC

to find ID try this :

in Your browser go to  http://<YOUR HC IP>/docs/  and select iosDevices, You will get all mobile devices connected to HC (click "TRY IT!") with id's. 

Edited by domin12

Ok I'll have a go. 

But under house-> family you can see Geo located info, user based where is this linking coming from?

Right, there You set up Your location, then account what You use on device use parameters from this account, but all devices have his own ID's.

if You want some more explanation, ask support, this is only my observation and could be wrong.

Edited by domin12

Thanks Domin12,

I have the script adjusted to my location and it spits out the result, on screen and sends a message to the right phone.

Now I wonder...  how do I have this script started whenever I enter the GeoFence?

• Inquirer
  • Well, I managed to get it working but......... I stopped using it once I found out how fibaro location is working.....
    I had it on once every 15 minutes location pulling, and this is what it does with my Iphone battery on a normal day.... 50%  of the battery is gone through fibaro location usage, and that;s bad, very bad....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Yes currently I find geofencing is unworkable due to battery drain.

It would be OK if you had your phone plugged in all day ( on the road rep etc ) I imagine.

I should keep apple maps or google maps on all day and see how much battery they drain !

I had google map and ifttt operational a couple of years ago, but I believe others have used geofency and webserver.

Some starting points :

Cheers,

al.