Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Intercom stops responding

pascald

Question

I have installed my Intercom with access from a couple of iPads. 

After testing the opening of a gate with a code (which worked), the intercom started blinking red (5 digits alternating) and stopped being accessible by my iOS devices. Either local or cloud access has become impossible.

It seems also that the Intercom has totally disconnected from the network (I had given a static IP which is no longer seen by my router), restarting the router did not help.

What happened and what can I do? It cannot be that the Intercom would stop working all of a sudden and that the only way forward would be to reset everything!

9 answers to this question

Hi @pascald!

23 hours ago, pascald said:

and that the only way forward would be to reset everything!

Before you do the complete reset maybe it's better to restart it first. Just disconnect it from the power for 15 seconds.

• Inquirer
  • I have already reset everything. Why did this happen?

Other issues:

- login locally or cloud are only working sometimes and on some iOS devices. Sometimes local works, sometimes remote. If I try on another terminal, it may be the opposite. Why does this happen? Trying to login is really a pain and sometimes, you need to delete everything to be able to login again... Is this a software issue? Please correct asap.

- use on iPad: I have an iPad permanently dedicated to the intercom and placed horizontally on the wall. The iPhone app works but if it loses the image during a disconnect (which happens frequently), the image will reappear but say vertical and not rotate automatically. 

- messaging: the ability for a visitor to leave a message is fine but how can I instruct him to do so? Is there a message that I could record and play?

I have some troubles with intercom too.

sometimes trying to connect doesn’t happen and requires force closing the app and restarting it then connects fine.

intercom app on iPad doesn’t always rotate to landscape.

Biggest issue for me is-

notification to iPhone do not always happen when intercom is pressed. This is biggest problem.

my intercom has completely crashed once whereby pressing intercom would trigger my HC scenes and blue circle lit up around button but intercom didn’t ring and flag blue and no notification to iPhone. Reboot sorted this for me...

The app certainly needs some fine tuning. 

Info or comment from fibaro would be useful when critical functions of intercom do not always work like notifications!!!!

• Inquirer
  • Thank you Northyorks. Most issues flagged here should be resolved easily through a software upgrade. Especially the Login issue.
    Regarding the notification, I would assume that if a terminal is connected Locally, the link would be more stable, ie no cloud response needed while if it is remote, you will be dependent upon your 4G connectivity and cloud availability. Hence my preference for Local connection for the iPads that stay at home while my iPhone would be connected remotely... provided the login to these connections would work...

Another issue: when used horizontally, the menu is no longer clickable and the iPad must be turned vertically to access menu function. This is a silly bug...

On 2/19/2018 at 3:43 PM, northyorks said:

Biggest issue for me is-

notification to iPhone do not always happen when intercom is pressed. This is biggest problem.

Same problem here...

14 minutes ago, Fitchie said:

Same problem here...

Ive contacted support and Ive been told update to app will resolve the issue... But not great in the interim..

Just now, northyorks said:

Ive been told update to app will resolve the issue...

Did they indicate when the update will be available?

8 minutes ago, Fitchie said:

Did they indicate when the update will be available?

No date but when I asked again was told 'think march' so fingers crossed early march!!!!!

I have a problem setting it up... I get a message about network connection and to check the app and the home network...

does anyone had this problem? I haven’t used it yet 

Edited by qmoreira