Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

DS18B20 not detect temperature

meduoliveira

Question

Hello

I connect DS18B20 sensor in a universal module, but don't show temperature sensor, only display move sensor.

ANT   ..... 
GND     -    GND  DS18B20
TD        -     DATA DS18B20
TP        -     VCC  DS18B20
GND      -       ( - )
P            -       (+) 12V

Can someone help me

Thanks

Marcos

11 answers to this question

Did you include the UBS connected with the temp sensor or included the UBS and connected the temp sensor later?

The rule is that you have  to include the UBS with the temp sensor together as a new module.

3 godziny temu, meduoliveira napisał:

Thanks for reply

If I add UBS without sensor, how do I fix this?

HI @meduoliveira

Remove from the HCL, eventualy reset, then add as new one with temp. sensor

8 hours ago, meduoliveira said:

Thanks for reply

If I add UBS without sensor, how do I fix this?

Did you read the manual? :?:

Note!

Every time when any changes are made to the configuration of TP and TD lines (1-wire), e.g. when DS18B20 sensor(s) is (are) included/excluded, it is necessary to execute the procedure of exclusion and repeated inclusion of the sensor module to the central hub. It should be remembered that the system shall enter into the programming mode only once all the connected sensors have been detected (about 10 s).

On 23. 2. 2018 at 4:10 AM, meduoliveira said:

In one UBS worked after I connect a 4,7K resistor

On the other sensor did not work even with the resistor

Hello,

If you cannot see temperature from UBS, then i suggest you change temperature sensor (different D18B20) and exclude and include UBS. If you cannot see temperature from different D18B20 (you have to be 100% if that one is working), then i suggest to contact you Fibaro dealer for RMA and further instructions.

Also, where did you connected the resistor? I have made some of my models and when i occasionally (1 - 3 times per year) have Fibaro UBS with D18B20 for warranty i always check with temperature sensor, that i know is ok.

Not too sure what is the use of a resistor. Just sharing an experience I had. I did accidentally fried a DS18B20 unknowingly because I connected the wrong pins (reverse cause I misinterpreted the manual presentation of pins).

Hi, I have a issue with one UBS and 4 DS18B20 temperature sensors. They are recognized flawlessly in inclusion process but always show 0C degrees. It doesnt  change. We have tried another universal sensor, same issue. What does it mean when Universal sensor act like this? If there is wiring issue then usually HC2 dont find any sensors at all. But finding all four with 0C degrees?

On 7/9/2018 at 2:47 PM, Lauri said:

Hi, I have a issue with one UBS and 4 DS18B20 temperature sensors. They are recognized flawlessly in inclusion process but always show 0C degrees. It doesnt  change. We have tried another universal sensor, same issue. What does it mean when Universal sensor act like this? If there is wiring issue then usually HC2 dont find any sensors at all. But finding all four with 0C degrees?

>> But finding all four with 0C degrees?

Same story here, did you get it working with correct temperature values?