Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

doorlock Identify User

Buckland

Question

I am trying to find out how to identify who opened the doorlock.
I have the lockwood Zwave doorlock and when I put in my pin code I want a scene in lua code to tell me who it was. The User.
Can you please tell me the lua code to do that?
I tried using the Magic scene but it only tell me when the doorlock was locked or unlocked.

6 answers to this question

@Buckland, @fat is correct.

Currently you can grab lock and unlock only .. I know right .. !

I have my door trigger a scene where is sends a snapshot from a camera to store on my nas .. just so I can review which carers are coming and going to look after my mother inlaw .. even though they all have separate codes .. talk about the long way round !

It will come, it's basic reporting .. we've waited for a long time just to get this 'functionality'

Cheers,

al.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for your responses.

Yes @alandee what an oversight. Even from the basic security of an electronic door lock which would record the code and Username associated. Just so if an investigation of who accessed the door lock would be fundamental.

You came up with a good solution though with the camera.

But it would be way easier if the lock has a few more basic abilities. I wonder what's the stumbling block is to having identification implemented? 

There is a field userDescription but it just comes back blank... maybe its just a matter of them fixing this?

I'm sure it will come, it's just time and priorities I suspect.

Cheers,

al.

@Buckland I'm not a programmers armpit, but I can cobble bits together, and I had a few moments last night to knock up this very quick and dirty script on an unused doorlock, that lets me know status change locked / unlocked and sends a push notification to tell me which is a start.

It also confirms all the users are readily accesible to the system .. according to the debug ..

Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_02/image.png.bf13ce89e0685cae3128d7aa07c9479e.png" alt="image.png.bf13ce89e0685cae3128d7aa07c9479e.png" />

I suspect userDescription should play a part, but it appears empty, or I'm doing something wrong .. maybe it is numeric and not the name string .. I'll keep playing as I find time.

Cheers,

al.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:57 AM, alandee said:

@Buckland I'm not a programmers armpit, but I can cobble bits together, and I had a few moments last night to knock up this very quick and dirty script on an unused doorlock, that lets me know status change locked / unlocked and sends a push notification to tell me which is a start.

It also confirms all the users are readily accesible to the system .. according to the debug ..

Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this link.

I suspect userDescription should play a part, but it appears empty, or I'm doing something wrong .. maybe it is numeric and not the name string .. I'll keep playing as I find time.

Cheers,

al.

@alandee Did you manage to get this working in the end? If so could you please share the LUA code, thank you!!