Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to add POPP 004001 smoke detector to HC2? I'm doing something wrong..

Kikkomana

Question

Hi.

I'm trying to add the POPP 004001 smoke detector to my Fibaro Home Center2 system.

I tried to include them in secure--mode like they do in this link:

Please login or register to see this link.

But when the system was done including the smoke detectors it says its "Not configured" and it looks like this, :

Please login or register to see this image.

And I get at notification that not all z-wave devices are configured:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

What am I doing wrong?

6 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Found out I need to add them in security mode to get the full use of the alarm function, so I will try to add them again in a few days. 

• Inquirer
  • My Fiabro HC2 is at the cabin and I have not had the chance to go there yet. But when I frist tried to install them, I tried to install in Security mode, but the devices ended up being "not configured" even if I tried to push the button on the smoke sensor to get it to communicate with Home Center 2.

Sent POPP an email about my problem and I got this answer:

To make full use of the devices in the HomeCenter 2 you must include them in secure mode. Without secure mode the siren of the device won't work. However the siren only works via LUA script (no siren available in the HC Lite). 
    A light reconfiguration in the HomeCenter 2 can help sometimes. You must activate it and then start a NIF or at least wake up the device so that both entities communicate with each other. 

It might be that there is no template available but you could send a template to Fibaro and they will include it in a future update. 
    Since the template stores the parameters of the device, you must add them manually if you want to use them. If you don't want to use them don't need to add them manually. 

You can use the Popp smoke detector as a mains-powered Z-Wave device (works as a Z-Wave repeater then) if you connect it to the Popp external power supply (004100, 12VDC / 500mA). You can connect up to 5 detectors to our power supply. 

Best regards 
    R. 

But since I haven't had the chance to go to the cabin yet, I have not had the chance to test some more. If you guys find a way to make this work, let me know.

If found this: 

I wonder if one of the other items are the tamper switch and one is the siren?   So one is smoke sensor, one tamper and last siren. 

• Inquirer
  • On 4/7/2018 at 1:11 PM, IBICO said:

If found this: 

I wonder if one of the other items are the tamper switch and one is the siren?   So one is smoke sensor, one tamper and last siren. 

That's the same link as in my first post. I tried to follow this instruction, but did not work for me...