Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall plug unresponsive

Emma

Dnia 11.04.2018 o 14:40, mszfcz napisał:

Not always but very often firmware updates are independent from the app version. In this case 1.8.0 was only app update so we still need to wait for a firmware update from Fibaro

Yes updates app and devices are independent. Wallplug team preparing update please wait a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all!

The update of our FIBARO Wall Plug (FGBWHWPEF-102) is finally here.

Please head to our app: Fibaro for HomeKit Devices to update your Wall Plugs to the latest version (ver. 5.4.1).

Please login or register to see this attachment.

No changes after update. Still issues with Wall plugs. They constantly freezing. I have to manually take them out of socket and plug back in to make them work for couple hours. 

Also scheduled scene is not working. And is just Simple scene with time when I want to power up the plug. I don’t know if any point to write to support. Hope some day plugs software will be proper. 

I have both zwave and home kit products installed in house. Z wave equipment works smoothly and perfect, but HomeKit staff absolutely disgusting. Motion sensors reacts too late, sometimes even not reacts at all. I don’t know, maybe you will recommend different router? More Fibaro HomeKit adaptive?

Personally I can't comment anything yet because my plugs used to go offline only after 3-4 days of working so I need to wait some more days to see if it was really fixed in my case in latest  firmware 5.4.1.

Another bug with wall plugs is that if you set them to switch off the power when it less than 2w(for example) consumption it will not switch off until you enter the software, even if it is 0w consumption 

Or it is supposed to be like that? 

3 godziny temu, Buskopan napisał:

Another bug with wall plugs is that if you set them to switch off the power when it less than 2w(for example) consumption it will not switch off until you enter the software, even if it is 0w consumption 

Or it is supposed to be like that? 

You don't have to open any app to execute any rule in Homekit. If You have problems executing rules with wall plugs it seems that the problem is instead in your HomeKit setup. What kind of device are you using as a hub for Homekit rules, AppleTV4, iPad or HomePod?

I'm using a lot of rules on my plugs and even those rules you describe (switch off the power when it less than 2w) and never had any problem with any of them as long as wall plugs stays connected to Homekit and if they loose connection (hope that dosen't happen again after latest firmware:) opening Fibaros app or any other app can't help anything. Do you have problems executing Homekit rules with other devices than Fibaros wall plugs too?

Edited by mszfcz

1 hour ago, mszfcz said:

You don't have to open any app to execute any rule in Homekit. If You have problems executing rules with wall plugs it seems that the problem is instead in your HomeKit setup. What kind of device are you using as a hub for Homekit rules, AppleTV4, iPad or HomePod?

I'm using a lot of rules on my plugs and even those rules you describe (switch off the power when it less than 2w) and never had any problem with any of them as long as wall plugs stays connected to Homekit and if they loose connection (hope that dosen't happen again after latest firmware:) opening Fibaros app or any other app can't help anything. Do you have problems executing Homekit rules with other devices than Fibaros wall plugs too?

Thank you for replying 

i have another brand HomeKit staff that are  not causing any issues. I’m using iPad Air and iPad mini as a hub? Could this be the reason of the issues? I thought it supposed to work this way. 

By  the moment of writing this post my wall plugs are online 12 hours already. 

Also  I have Fibaro ZWave equipment in same apartment,  could this conflict to Fibaro HomeKit staff? 

Thanks

I have changed the router. After 10 hours same thing: wallplug unresponsive. It’s the only homekit device with connection problem. 

I don’t know why fibaro won’t solve this problem. Hardware issue? I pretend a full refound at this point, i will buy another brand.

1 godzinę temu, Buskopan napisał:

Thank you for replying 

i have another brand HomeKit staff that are  not causing any issues. I’m using iPad Air and iPad mini as a hub? Could this be the reason of the issues? I thought it supposed to work this way. 

By  the moment of writing this post my wall plugs are online 12 hours already. 

Also  I have Fibaro ZWave equipment in same apartment,  could this conflict to Fibaro HomeKit staff? 

Thanks

I think it is very unlikely that Fibaros z-wave devices can conflict with HomeKit devices. Try to test it by shutting down your z-wave network for one day and see what happens.

For automated rules in HomeKit you need always a hub. To make a iPad work as a hub you need to activate this. See this Apple support page (there is every information you need so read them all): 

Please login or register to see this link.

Make sure that you use only one iPad as a hub. Sometimes using many HomeKit hubs on the same network can creates some problems.

5 hours ago, mszfcz said:

I think it is very unlikely that Fibaros z-wave devices can conflict with HomeKit devices. Try to test it by shutting down your z-wave network for one day and see what happens.

For automated rules in HomeKit you need always a hub. To make a iPad work as a hub you need to activate this. See this Apple support page (there is every information you need so read them all): 

Please login or register to see this link.

Make sure that you use only one iPad as a hub. Sometimes using many HomeKit hubs on the same network can creates some problems.

Yes. Of course I did all this steps. :) And tried to turn off the zwave but no changes. 

For some reason my wall plugs are online already almost 24 hours! Wow! 

Reqarding the switching off the power on consumption change. It is strange that there is no such rule in Home App. Is this ok?

11 minut temu, Buskopan napisał:

Yes. Of course I did all this steps. :) And tried to turn off the zwave but no changes. 

For some reason my wall plugs are online already almost 24 hours! Wow! 

Reqarding the switching off the power on consumption change. It is strange that there is no such rule in Home App. Is this ok?

Apple Home app dosen't support every custom parameter from every company and  thats why youn need Fibaros app or apps from other brands, Home app support only a few basic standard commands as on/off for power plugs. Every company are using often many different custom parameters just for own products but there is many other universal HomeKit apps there you can use almost every parameter to create rules.

• Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • Updated, no issues so far.

Connecting on 2.4GHz to Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Lite, running FW 3.9.32, with Ubiquiti USG-3P as a router/DHCP running FW 4.4.21. 

For me same issue:

tried apple time Capsule, Asus router and netgear router. Same issue, after some hours pugs unresponsive. Is the ONLY wifi homekit product with this problem. 

Tried everything, resetting plugs, readding in home app... 

Fibaro, what can i do?  Please, tell me

In my case, one week after firmware update all plugs so far work fine

Sad but true, that was to early to be happy about this. Last night three of my plugs went offline and loose connection exactly as before. It seems that they after latest firmware last longer than usually but it doesn't matter because the connection issue is still not resolved and I can't trust them that they will stay connected when I'm not at home. Interesting if there is more people that still have the same issue after firmware update.

Fibaro it is most important functionality in Wall Plugs that they always stay connected and you should keep working on this issue as soon as possible.

Edited by mszfcz

Hi All!

We're currently investigating this issue and it would be great if you could provide us with some information.

To those of you that have experienced this problem:

1. What kind of router or Wi-Fi acccess point are you using? Is it in any way customized?
    2. Are there any other devices in the network? Possibly HomeKit ones?
    3. Are you using a HomeKit hub? (Apple TV, iPad?
    4. What kind of devices are plugged to our Wall Plug?

Should you be willing to perform some tests, it'd be much appreciated! Here's what we'd like you to test:

1. Try leaving WP without any other device plugged in. Is the problem still present?
    2. Connect your WP to a different router that has no other network devices connected to it. Is the problem still present?

Thanks for your help and patience!

Hello,

Just came to my mind. All users here reporting, do you have more than one Access point? If problem could not be caused by wall plug connecting to another access point.

Just what we found with my customer:

He has more access points (Apple AirPort Time Capsule and Airport Expresses), that are in range of Fibaro Wall Plugs. There it fell once every 12 - 24 hours. I have here one access point (Pakedge WK-1 or WK-2) and it running for 4 days.

Regards,

Jakub

Hard to tell but I have no additional access points on my network just on router and my plugs stays connected longer now with new firmware but there is still a problem after about one week. Before they never stay connected longer than 3-4 days.

10 hours ago, mszfcz said:

Hard to tell but I have no additional access points on my network just on router and my plugs stays connected longer now with new firmware but there is still a problem after about one week. Before they never stay connected longer than 3-4 days.

Same issue. Plugs worked about one week without problems. 

TL-WR840N is the only router

Additionaly I have couple Koogeek double switches and Z wave Fibaro Switches

• Topic Author
  • The issue indeed persists. After the upgrade, the plug worked until yesterday when it became unresponsive again. This morning was the second time it did not respond.