Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall plug unresponsive

Emma

2 of 3 works for me. Uptime is 11 days. Other one i had to unplug and plug it back.

29 minut temu, jakub.jezek napisał:

2 of 3 works for me. Uptime is 11 days. Other one i had to unplug and plug it back.

Interesting, my plugs died 2 times since firmware update. Last time today.

26 minutes ago, mszfcz said:

Interesting, my plugs died 2 times since firmware update. Last time today.

I must say, we have great access point in showroom for our Wi-Fi. This one i think:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Topic Author
  • The Ubiquiti Unifi stuff I have here is quite impressive as well. It also means that I have logs that show that the wall plug never tries to reconnect after losing its connection. 

11 hours ago, Emma said:

The Ubiquiti Unifi stuff I have here is quite impressive as well. It also means that I have logs that show that the wall plug never tries to reconnect after losing its connection. 

DId you sent those logs to Fibaro support? I know, that Unifi is quite impresive in logs (i have Unifi PoE switch), so it may enlighten few aspects, like last commands before wall plug fall, WiFi traffic before wall plug fall, etc.

I have some new obserwation. It seems that Wall Plugs always loose first connection only with HK but they stays visible on Wifi for some time then after several hours they loose Wifi connection too so maybe pure Wifi is not the reason or not the only reason for this problem.

• Topic Author
  • 38 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

DId you sent those logs to Fibaro support? I know, that Unifi is quite impresive in logs (i have Unifi PoE switch), so it may enlighten few aspects, like last commands before wall plug fall, WiFi traffic before wall plug fall, etc.

I first have to find out what I need to capture ;) but at a first glance it looks like the connection is severed for whatever reason and the wall plug just doesn't try to reconnect. I'd think that when it's not connected anymore and there's no working mechanism to detect that immediately (like losing the signal strength bars on your laptop or tablet), it should notice that DHCP RENEW doesn't work anymore so it should reset the network and reconnect.

Sometimes it *does* reconnect BTW, here's the relevant lines from the CK event log, that I indeed mailed to Fibaro Support yesterday:

disconnected from "BanyanVINESAE" (3h 47m connected, 1.01 MB, last )            12:45 pm            05/17/2018        

disconnected from "BanyanVINESAE" (6h 8m connected, 0.98 MB, last )              10:25 pm            05/16/2018        

has connected to  with ssid "BanyanVINESAE" on channel 11     4:17 pm               05/16/2018        

disconnected from "BanyanVINESAE" (6d 0h 31m connected, 19.2 MB, last )     2:25 pm               05/16/2018 

The AP log tells me the following:

May 17 09:26:16 WoonkamerAP daemon.info hostapd: ath0: STA ac:17:02:9b:45:73 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)

May 17 10:26:16 WoonkamerAP daemon.info hostapd: ath0: STA ac:17:02:9b:45:73 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)

May 17 11:26:16 WoonkamerAP daemon.info hostapd: ath0: STA ac:17:02:9b:45:73 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)

May 17 12:26:16 WoonkamerAP daemon.info hostapd: ath0: STA ac:17:02:9b:45:73 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)

May 17 12:46:06 WoonkamerAP daemon.info hostapd: ath0: STA ac:17:02:9b:45:73 IEEE 802.11: sta_stats

May 17 12:46:06 WoonkamerAP daemon.info hostapd: ath0: STA ac:17:02:9b:45:73 IEEE 802.11: disassociated

May 17 12:46:06 WoonkamerAP user.info libubnt[1887]: wevent.ubnt_custom_event(): EVENT_STA_LEAVE ath0: ac:17:02:9b:45:73 / 2

I haven't looked at anything that might be on the cloud key itself yet.

• Topic Author
  • Don’t know what changed... this wall plug disconnected again. 

In three months they failed to solve the main problem. Simply these wall plugs were not to be sold. Is not a problem of specific network configuration, the problem occur in all network configurations. The conclusion is that i paid 69.95 each for do beta testing. Waste of money and time.

Ok, so update on my wall plugs for testing and warranty.

2 of 3: Uptime is 14 days. Using my iPod to try them few times a day.

1 of 3: Uptime is 1 week. Using my iPod to try them few times a day.

As Access Point i'm using Pakedge WK-2.

Interesting fact from my customers testings (we replaced him with 2 new wall plugs): With Apple AirPort Time Capsule – 2 TB it last for 1 day (maybe less) and with some TP-Link 4 days.

I think it would be better if Wall Plugs supported only BLE and not Wi-Fi. I get sales and marketing behind it, but as technician, i would be happy only with one radio.

• Topic Author
  • Quite annoying... after dropping off the network twice a day, I started a monitor mode Wireshark capture yesterday morning. 

The plug has been functioning ever since. :(

Just now, Emma said:

Quite annoying... after dropping off the network twice a day, I started a monitor mode Wireshark capture yesterday morning. 

The plug has been functioning ever since. :(

Come to think of it, the channel hasn't changed ever since, it has been steady on channel 11.  

In the begining when I was monitoring this problem I was also using Wireshark but in my case there was no difference.

We should maybe test Wall Plugs on a fast channel (with no auto switching)

• Topic Author
  • Well, I've got a capture, the plug dropped off the network while the channel did not change, but it looks like it just stopped communicating. The capture focused on the wall plug only, I've started another one that also captures the broadcast frames from the AP.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I’ve been reading this post for a while since I’ve got the same problems with the latest version of the Wall Plug (with wifi-connectivity and homekit). With this contribution I only want to inform other people with my experience. I have no technical and/or ICT background. After a while (sometimes days, sometimes a short week), the plug gets disconnected from my Apple TV 4K. Reply from Fibaro keeps asking me to wait a while for Apple to accept the latest firmware-version.

After updating to iOS 11.4 a few days ago, I got busy with the plug again and connected it again. For now it worked without any problems but as experienced before this is no guarantee.

I’m also in contact with Apple to return the product if the problem persists.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been reading this post for a while since I’ve got the same problems with the latest version of the Wall Plug (with wifi-connectivity and homekit). With this contribution I only want to inform other people with my experience. I have no technical and/or ICT background. After a while (sometimes days, sometimes a short week), the plug gets disconnected from my Apple TV 4K. Reply from Fibaro keeps asking me to wait a while for Apple to accept the latest firmware-version.

After updating to iOS 11.4 a few days ago, I got busy with the plug again and connected it again. For now it worked without any problems but as experienced before this is no guarantee.

I’m also in contact with Apple to return the product if the problem persists.

Update June 17th 2018: and again, after a party (more connections to wifi) the wall plug got disconnected from network.

Tomorrow I’ll call Apple to return the product.

Update June 22th 2018: I got a replacement product from Apple. If this product has the same problems, I return it for a refund.

Update July 23th 2018: product got disconnected again. No more Fibaro for me. Bye bye all.

Edited by MaartenZ79
    Update information.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem. its not connecting to a WiFi network with a password. and its comes unresponsive after some time 

I bought 2 Fibaro Wall Plugs this week and both have the same problem. After having this problem I updated them both from 4.3.20 to 5.4.1.

I use a Apple TV as a hub. There is only one router I have (Asus AC68U). The only thing that helps is pulling it out of the socket and plugging it back in.

It looks like the wall plug loses connection to Homekit before it loses wifi, I can control the Wall Plug from the Fibaro app for a few minutes but not from Homekit when it loses connection. After a few minutes it becomes totally unresponsive.

Edited by Vujica

16 hours ago, Vujica said:

I bought 2 Fibaro Wall Plugs this week and both have the same problem. After having this problem I updated them both from 4.3.20 to 5.4.1.

I use a Apple TV as a hub. There is only one router I have (Asus AC68U). The only thing that helps is pulling it out of the socket and plugging it back in.

It looks like the wall plug loses connection to Homekit before it loses wifi, I can control the Wall Plug from the Fibaro app for a few minutes but not from Homekit when it loses connection. After a few minutes it becomes totally unresponsive.

Dear Vujica, how did you update the firmware on your wall plugs for Apple homekit? I can’t find any information on this.

W dniu 1.07.2018 o 01:41, MaartenZ79 napisał:

Dear Vujica, how did you update the firmware on your wall plugs for Apple homekit? I can’t find any information on this.

In FibaroHome app go to your Wall Plug and choose settings icon (upper, right corner) and then go to accessory info. There you can see if there is any new firmware and version number of your current firmware.

Edited by mszfcz

On 7/2/2018 at 10:46 AM, mszfcz said:

In FibaroHome app go to your Wall Plug and choose settings icon (upper, right corner) and then go to accessory info. There you can see if there is any new firmware and version number of your current firmware.

If only the update was working... :-(

(Preparing for a few minutes and then it Fails.)