Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall plug unresponsive

Emma

Maarten, I had the same thing happen.

It cost me like 8 tries (closing the app by swiping up from the multitask menu on my phone AND unplugging and replugging the Wall Plug helped) before I got mine updated. (blijven proberen :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all, the update was finished after several tries. The wall plug is working perfectly for over a week now. My expectations are getting better every day...

Since I updated the firmware the plugs lasted for 3 weeks before they lost connectivity again. 

Notes for Fibaro, in case it helps:

1. When I noticed the plugs were not working, I saw that both were still connected to my router, but were not accessible from homekit or from the Fibaro app. 
  2. I noticed them being unresponsive in Homekit and the app some 10 hours before their DHCP lease had to be renewed again. After their DHCP lease expired, they were no longer connected/connecting to the router. The default DHCP lease on my router is 24 hours. Apparently the stay connected to the router until their lease time expires, even though they do not respond to anything in Homekit or the Fibaro app.
  3. Replugging them into the wall socket made them work again.

• 1 month later...

Fibaro never managed to release a firmware update, so the wall plug did not randomly lose connectivity.  It is one thing to release a buggy product, but a bid sad they cannot fix it afterwards.

So I gave up.

In the end I returned the wall plug and got a refund.

On 19 june they mail me:

"Hello,

We are still working on a solution for the problem.

Please stay patient and upgrade firmware when possible.

I apologize fro the inconvenience"

I have buyed this plugs 6 month ago. They are making fun of us.

If you can't wait but you like them, you can always buy them back after Fibaro relase the firmware update to resolve this issue. Personally I'm going to wait and give them some more time.

I have decided to wait until Ikea releases their wallplug. If it is not fixed by then I am returning them (they are broken to me, and I have guarantee for a year) and moving on. It is sad that they are not responding to this thread at all and don't seem to be doing anything about the issue.

• Topic Author
  • I've got the feeling that Fibaro has abandoned these plugs without recalling them. The issue persists and support keeps on promising that the fix is in the next firmware release that is in test and to be release ASAP. 

I've sent another e-mail to support so I'm not yet returning mine but I'm close to doing that.

• Topic Author
  • Asked support again, got this answer:

Hi,

Fix for this issue is under Apple certification process. There are also some last beta test phase. It should be release till end of September.

I can only ask for little bit more patience.
    We are very sorry for your inconvenience.

I’m getting a feeling of deja vu.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been following this thread for months now, hoping for this fundamental issue to finally be resolved. The wall plugs are literally useless as they are now - you can’t trust them to work, and they need constant resetting by unplugging and replugging them. It is embarrassing for you to continue to sell these.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

The update is here! 

Please login or register to see this image.

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

Updated two wall plugs to 6.0.4. This morning the connection of one wall plug was lost again. Fritz.box 7590 mesh network with several 1750 wired mesh WiFi repeaters. Connection issues not fixed!

Disonnected just from homekit or  from yout Wifi too? Have you checked in your router or directly Wifi status on your Wall Pug ?

Same here. Wait for this firmware for months... nothing changed. Fibaro, give us our money back. This hardware was faulty from day one.

I have 5 of them without a single issue after latest firmware update but maybe it is still to early to say anything and be sure

• Topic Author
  • No issues so far, at least it’s staying up much longer than before. Fingers crossed...