Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall plug unresponsive

Emma

@dvd2000 You got 6.0.4 version on yours wallplugs? By disconnecting what you mean? you start application "home"  and you got information device not responding? Is wallplug is in that same wifi network where Apple TV or iPhone?  How long it was working after update? when you unplug wallplug and then plug it again it is starting working?

@Tarydium You added wallplug to 2.4GHZ?  in was b,g,n,ac?

Is your phone or Apple TV was in that same network?  after unplugging then plugin it again it was starting working? (w.o touching phone)?

I have firmware 6.0.4, it stay connected for 3 days, then when i open home app “no response” from the plugs. Apple TV 4K on the same network. As for other firmware i have to unplug and replug to get it working again. This is the online HomeKit product with problems. It’s time to give us a full refound. 

2 hours ago, A.Socha said:

@dvd2000 You got 6.0.4 version on yours wallplugs? By disconnecting what you mean? you start application "home"  and you got information device not responding? Is wallplug is in that same wifi network where Apple TV or iPhone?  How long it was working after update? when you unplug wallplug and then plug it again it is starting working?

@Tarydium You added wallplug to 2.4GHZ?  in was b,g,n,ac?

Is your phone or Apple TV was in that same network?  after unplugging then plugin it again it was starting working? (w.o touching phone)?

You added wallplug to 2.4GHZ?  in was b,g,n,ac?

5 GHz / ac / 80 MHz WPA2, 1 x 1 (Fritz!WLAN Repeater 1750E, wired, in mesh mode controlled by Fritz!Box 7590)

Is your phone or Apple TV was in that same network?

Apple TV4 is wired to Fritz!Box 7590. iPhone is connected to the same Fritz!WLAN Repeater 1750E, but at 2,4 GHz / n / 20 MHz WPA2, 2 x 2.

after unplugging then plugin it again it was starting working? (w.o touching phone)?

Yes

Edited by Tarydium

I have now exact one week of zero disconnects. So far so good for me.

Some other products sometimes show "No Response", but after restarting the Homekit app on my device (double tap in iOS, and the swipe up) it works again. Maybe this helps for others?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Alas.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_11/DDF8FE54-1E0D-4A03-ABBA-E3118F88D5AC.jpeg.c220ab95882dddadab7503236bb65284.jpeg" alt="DDF8FE54-1E0D-4A03-ABBA-E3118F88D5AC.jpeg.c220ab95882dddadab7503236bb65284.jpeg" />

• Topic Author
  • It looks like it is still on the network but it does not respond to ping nor is it visible in a bonjour browser.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I have 5 of those. 4 is still working without any issues but I had issues with one. First time when it disappeared from homekit it was enough just to restart homekit hub to get it back into homekit. Second time that happened restarting homekit hub doesn't helped so I reseted it to defaults. After that so long everything is good but I'm keeping eye on all of them.

• Topic Author
  • Indeed, after resetting it responds to ping again, and bonjour HAP is visible again:

• Topic Author
  • If it were temporary, it would have recovered by itself, which it doesn’t.

Given the time it takes for a firmware update, I’m no longer willing to wait another 6 months. I’ll be returning mine. The only thing I can say is that this product is crap and that Fibar has dropped the ball on the support for the product too many times. 

I just meant that I haven't made any resets together with latest  firmware update and sometimes it makes difference. Now after this factory restore if anything happens again I 'm going to have no choice other than returning mines too.

Hmm, for me there have been no issues so far with both my wall plugs.

I have had this behaviour since ios12 with other Homekit devices though. After I removed them from Homekit, and then added them again no more issues have happened with any of my devices.

• 1 month later...

While my wallplugs stays online a bit longer after the update, they still disconnect without explanation or any way to resolve it without physically pulling them out of the socket. This is so crappy. $60 wallsockets that fail at their most basic function. And Fibaro obviously doesn’t know how to resolve it.

It’s embarrasing and annoying. I will badmouth Fibaro every chance I get, in all forums for home automation I participate in. I bought my wallplugs last spring, and you certainly have had your chance to fix this.

Edited by Jokerman

• 3 months later...

Now it March 2019 and one of my plugs is still losing connectivity. Almost daily the plug in my Kitchen says Connection Fault and is unreachable. It is not just in the Apple home app but also not working in the Fibaro app. Firmware is updated. 

Really bad experience. 

Resetting is is also an issue. Press the button until it turns yellow. Release and press. Fine until here. After it turn red it should turn the LED off, but no it is flashing green instead!

This is a plug that is still reachable. It has several WPA auth and DHCP timeout problems. Firmware is updated. Never had such a bad experience as with Fibaro products.

My plugs are also losing connectivity, they went from losing connectivity every few days, to every 4-8 weeks since the firmware update.

It is much better now, but still not perfect...