Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall plug unresponsive

Emma

I have three Homekit Wall plugs in the same room. A Ubiquiti AP (AC-PRO) roof mounted in the same room. Two of the wall plugs are inserted into the regular wall outlets, they are loosing connectivity and has to be re-inserted every now and then. The third wall plug have never had issues. It is plugged into to an online UPS (generates perfect 230V AC). Can the issue be power ripple/voltage spikes etc?

o.O I was going to find here solution to solve the “not response” issue with the wall plug but as I see I am not only one having this problem. :-(

Unfortunately FIBARO Wall plug is the same as all the Chinese HomeKit devises such as Koogeek or Xiaomi/Aqara which are always in “not response” mode as well.

I have 4 FIBARO single switches, a couple of motion sensors and all of them have been working perfect for more than a year. This is the reason what I decided to buy the wall plug. Thankfully I’ve bought only one and now I thing that Eve plug-devices still the best yet.

Does anyone have the same issue but with another FIBARO HomeKit devices? I wanted to buy CO2 censors but now I am going to think twice before purchasing.

Edited by Stebel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Well I really think Fibaro dropped the ball here big time. No working updates, no RMA procedure, no response in their own support forum, nothing. Really disappointing.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I have 3 plugs of Fibaro and they all suffer the same problem. Always being referred to the next update and no progress in solving this issue, currently using the firmware v6.0.4 does not change a thing. They are in the trash now. Bought one Koogeek and two Philips Hue Smart plug, problem solved. Never had a problem again. Pity, did costs me a lot of money, but then sometimes you learn the hard way.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a handful of these devices and they are all not possible to use. Some were operational at a certain point in time but at the moment all the devices are garbage. It is very bad that Fibaro dropped the ball on this product and not rith that a company can sell a product of this quality. In many countries it is in fact illegal.

• Thanks 1