Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
Emma

Wall plug unresponsive

@dvd2000 You got 6.0.4 version on yours wallplugs? By disconnecting what you mean? you start application "home"  and you got information device not responding? Is wallplug is in that same wifi network where Apple TV or iPhone?  How long it was working after update? when you unplug wallplug and then plug it again it is starting working?

@Tarydium You added wallplug to 2.4GHZ?  in was b,g,n,ac?

Is your phone or Apple TV was in that same network?  after unplugging then plugin it again it was starting working? (w.o touching phone)?

I have firmware 6.0.4, it stay connected for 3 days, then when i open home app “no response” from the plugs. Apple TV 4K on the same network. As for other firmware i have to unplug and replug to get it working again. This is the online HomeKit product with problems. It’s time to give us a full refound. 

2 hours ago, A.Socha said:

@dvd2000 You got 6.0.4 version on yours wallplugs? By disconnecting what you mean? you start application "home"  and you got information device not responding? Is wallplug is in that same wifi network where Apple TV or iPhone?  How long it was working after update? when you unplug wallplug and then plug it again it is starting working?

@Tarydium You added wallplug to 2.4GHZ?  in was b,g,n,ac?

Is your phone or Apple TV was in that same network?  after unplugging then plugin it again it was starting working? (w.o touching phone)?

You added wallplug to 2.4GHZ?  in was b,g,n,ac?

5 GHz / ac / 80 MHz WPA2, 1 x 1 (Fritz!WLAN Repeater 1750E, wired, in mesh mode controlled by Fritz!Box 7590)

Is your phone or Apple TV was in that same network?

Apple TV4 is wired to Fritz!Box 7590. iPhone is connected to the same Fritz!WLAN Repeater 1750E, but at 2,4 GHz / n / 20 MHz WPA2, 2 x 2.

after unplugging then plugin it again it was starting working? (w.o touching phone)?

Yes

Edited by Tarydium

I have now exact one week of zero disconnects. So far so good for me.

Some other products sometimes show "No Response", but after restarting the Homekit app on my device (double tap in iOS, and the swipe up) it works again. Maybe this helps for others?

but after restarting the Homekit app

This was no help in my case

No disconnects here yet, updated as soon as I could when the new firmware dropped.

• Topic Author
  • Alas.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_11/DDF8FE54-1E0D-4A03-ABBA-E3118F88D5AC.jpeg.c220ab95882dddadab7503236bb65284.jpeg" alt="DDF8FE54-1E0D-4A03-ABBA-E3118F88D5AC.jpeg.c220ab95882dddadab7503236bb65284.jpeg" />

Happened to me too, can you see if it is still on Wifi network?

• Topic Author
  • It looks like it is still on the network but it does not respond to ping nor is it visible in a bonjour browser.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I have 5 of those. 4 is still working without any issues but I had issues with one. First time when it disappeared from homekit it was enough just to restart homekit hub to get it back into homekit. Second time that happened restarting homekit hub doesn't helped so I reseted it to defaults. After that so long everything is good but I'm keeping eye on all of them.

• Topic Author
  • Indeed, after resetting it responds to ping again, and bonjour HAP is visible again:

Hope that it was just a temporary issue. Only time will tell

• Topic Author
  • If it were temporary, it would have recovered by itself, which it doesn’t.

Given the time it takes for a firmware update, I’m no longer willing to wait another 6 months. I’ll be returning mine. The only thing I can say is that this product is crap and that Fibar has dropped the ball on the support for the product too many times. 

I just meant that I haven't made any resets together with latest  firmware update and sometimes it makes difference. Now after this factory restore if anything happens again I 'm going to have no choice other than returning mines too.

Hmm, for me there have been no issues so far with both my wall plugs.

I have had this behaviour since ios12 with other Homekit devices though. After I removed them from Homekit, and then added them again no more issues have happened with any of my devices.

Yeah, that is why I think one reset can maybe make difference beside firmware update