Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmable GU10-LED

jimicr

Question

Hi guys and especially @petergebruers,

First of all sorry for dragging you into this @petergebruers, I mentioned you here because I highly respect your input and knowledge and if anyone knows you are the one.

Is there any GU10-Led dimmable that comes close to dimmable capabilities of a halogeen GU10?

I have some Philips dimmable GU10 LED's but they don't measure up to the halogen GU10's.

Hoping someone can advice me.

Jim

9 answers to this question

I like these. They're called "warm glow" and simulate halogen by shifting towards orange when dimmed down. I own several of them but with E27, not GU10

Please login or register to see this link.

Oops! When I clicked through on that link, then on "GU10" on the uk site I noticed: "Unfortunately this product is no longer available". That is disappointing!

Edited by petergebruers

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Peter, will look for replacement!

Have a good weekend!

Found them: 

• Inquirer
  • Little update I ordered these: 

will report back!

I came across Philips Hue GU10 bulb (

) some time back. Too bad it is still not available in where I am located. Been asking Philips about its availability without a firm answer. Not sure if it fits what you are looking for and if it is available where you are.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @chaicka, I have 2 of them over the side table in the living at the moment. the are Hue lights and cant be controlled by a dimmer.

I Installed the warmglow GU10's just now. They are brilliant! they dim back really far compared to "normal" GU10 LED's and you get the same kind of glow a halogene bulb gives.

Thanks again @petergebruers for the suggestion.

Jim

That's good news. I am looking for GU10 dimmable to replace current non-dimmable non-Philips bulb too as I need it to be very dim (to shine on a fortune gathering bowl - bit of feng shui). Thanks for sharing and I will see if what you gotten is available here. Just curious. You using Fibaro Dimmer 2 or the older Dimmer to control this GU10 LED?

• Inquirer
  • I use a dimmer2, these are the LED's I got:

2 hours ago, jimicr said:

I Installed the warmglow GU10's just now. They are brilliant! they dim back really far compared to "normal" GU10 LED's and you get the same kind of glow a halogene bulb gives.

Thanks again @petergebruers for the suggestion.

Indeed! Lighting is a personal thing... I'm glad you like them!

2 hours ago, chaicka said:

You using Fibaro Dimmer 2 or the older Dimmer to control this GU10 LED?

I use both dimmer 1 and dimmer 2 on the E27 variant of the "Philips Warm Glow". I doubt there is much difference in behaviour between the different socket types. On Dimmer 1 I had to add a "bypass 1" because the leakage current through Dimmer 1 makes them glow faintly when turned off. Bypass 1 solves this issue.

Thanks jimicr and petergebruers. You guys know exactly what I was asking/concern on and answered perfectly.

Guess I will just go for Dimmer 2 when I get my hands on the same Philips GU10 LED.