Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Multi-Sensor 6 w/FW 1.11 comparability with HC2 v4.16x?

chaicka

Question

In Aeon Multi-Sensor 6 firmware 1.07, I know Aeon changed parameter 41 from 2-bytes to 4-bytes hence broke the compatibility with the device template in HC2 where parameter 41 shows up with weird setting value (refer to screenshot).

Now with Aeon released firmware 1.10+1.11, and it is stated that parameter 41, 49 and 50 are now 4-bytes. Does HC2 has device template compatible for it?

Reference:

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Sir. I found the least 5 messages here (also from me) about this issue.

as far as I know no solution here.

Indeed, firmware 1.11 does not change anything. But the issue is "cosmetic", you can set the parameter without template. But the explanation in the Aeon manual is wrong too.

Here is my solution:

If you disable the template, you should be able to add/set the value, but the manual is very unclear on how to to that. I have done some quick tests on my MS6 FW 1.11 and here are the results:

The size of P41 if "4d" (4 bytes). If you have never changed it, the value of this parameter is "1310976".

I have reverse engineered that value, and I came to this conclusion: the formula to calculate p 41 is:

Please login or register to see this code.

To test that, we can reverse the formula to check what the default reported by my MS6 (1310976) means:

default reporting threshold = (1310976-256)/655360 = 2 degrees celsius. Check!

Suppose you want 5° C limit: (5°C) *655360 +256 = 3277056

Quick test to see if the sensor accepts this value:

[21:35:53] ID 1337: Set parameter 41, value = 3277056
[21:35:53] ID 1337: Received parameter 41 report, value = 3277056

My MS6 indeed accepts this value! Now I have to test if it really limits the reports.

It works with p41 calculated to have a threshold of (°C):

But it does not work with:

Which leads me to think firmware 1.11 does not accept values < 1.0....... which is not mentioned in the manual.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • WOW...Wonderful Peter.

I am hesitating to update all my MS6 to 1.11 or not given they have been working well currently with 1.08 except some minor light-sensing hiccups (seems not very accurate/lag during the wee hours most mornings). Thanks for sharing knowledge and experience so that others (like myself) can be better prepared or make informed decision (to update or not).

On 2/27/2018 at 7:23 PM, petergebruers said:

Indeed, firmware 1.11 does not change anything. But the issue is "cosmetic", you can set the parameter without template. But the explanation in the Aeon manual is wrong too.

Here is my solution:

If you disable the template, you should be able to add/set the value, but the manual is very unclear on how to to that. I have done some quick tests on my MS6 FW 1.11 and here are the results:

The size of P41 if "4d" (4 bytes). If you have never changed it, the value of this parameter is "1310976".

I have reverse engineered that value, and I came to this conclusion: the formula to calculate p 41 is:

Please login or register to see this code.

To test that, we can reverse the formula to check what the default reported by my MS6 (1310976) means:

default reporting threshold = (1310976-256)/655360 = 2 degrees celsius. Check!

Suppose you want 5° C limit: (5°C) *655360 +256 = 3277056

Quick test to see if the sensor accepts this value:

[21:35:53] ID 1337: Set parameter 41, value = 3277056
    [21:35:53] ID 1337: Received parameter 41 report, value = 3277056

My MS6 indeed accepts this value! Now I have to test if it really limits the reports.

It works with p41 calculated to have a threshold of (°C):

But it does not work with:

Which leads me to think firmware 1.11 does not accept values < 1.0....... which is not mentioned in the manual.

Do you have a similar solution to the 201 parameter? Temperature calibration.

If i slide it to -2 degrees and saves. Nothing changes, but when i check the 201 parameter, it says like 6528.1 and the slide is at far left (-10)

FW is 1.11

Best regards

11 hours ago, Julegeita said:

If i slide it to -2 degrees and saves. Nothing changes, but when i check the 201 parameter, it says like 6528.1 and the slide is at far left (-10)

update FW. knows bug