Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Plugins disabled on developer page

tinman

Question

i could swear, plugins section existed 2-3 months ago on developer.fibaro.com, but now it's grayed out, why?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by tinman

10 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • ok, got the answer, as i already thought, the plugin section on dev page was once developed, but then never disabled after FIBARO stopped to support custom plugins, so they did it now as a part of dev page cleanup. 

Edited by tinman

This is obviously, really a pity, the user plugins will never be supported :( 

Let's hope we are reading this the wrong way and we will still get user plugins, one day. 

As we have seen, Fibaro aren't able to keep their plugins updated let alone develop new ones.

The best thing HC2 has and they stop developing it. 

I hope this is just preparation for an update to the next version of plugins.

4 hours ago, codowd said:

Yes I have many user plugins waiting for this day... my HVAC, wine cellar cooling, LIFX bulbs etc.  Virtual Devices are no substitute.  

For now I use a Vera Edge as slave controller for all these devices, and a VD in Fibaro to communicate and do the main things.  I think I would be better with the Vera as a primary but then what is the point of a HC2?

how do you add vera edge as slave?

On 3/4/2018 at 2:43 AM, codowd said:

For now I use a Vera Edge as slave

Hi, glad to hear You found a soltion for HVAC.

Is there a open SDK for Vera to make spport for own/new devices?

On 7/29/2018 at 11:49 PM, jack.daniels said:

Hi, glad to hear You found a soltion for HVAC.

Is there a open SDK for Vera to make spport for own/new devices?

On 3/4/2018 at 4:08 PM, jamietang said:

how do you add vera edge as slave?

1. Buy a Vera :)

2. Set up the Vera independently and add the plugins you need - in my case the Daikin plugin, plus the RFXTRX433E for some old sensors I have.

3. NOTE I am not adding any actual Z-Wave devices or scenes to the Vera, just the add-ins needed to operate plugins etc.

4. In the Vera, disable the option to "Automatically configure devices"

5. In the HC2, add a secondary controller. Configuration - ZWave Network - Add secondary controller.

6. Put the Vera in learn mode and it should be added to the HC2.

7. ZWave devices on the HC2 will be transferred to the Vera. 

8. Ignore this as it is not really usable (new devices will not transfer, device node IDs are not the same etc.).  In other words, adopt the principle of always manipulating ZWave devices from the HC2.  You will send the HC2 device ID in these commands.

9.  Use Vera to trigger scenes or send device command to the HC2 using HTTP interface. Do this by creating scenes or triggers in the Vera.

This is what works for me.  There are a million plugins available for Vera, some of which actually work ;).  But there is an enthusiastic developer community over on forum.micasaverde.com to help.

Yes I have many user plugins waiting for this day... my HVAC, wine cellar cooling, LIFX bulbs etc.  Virtual Devices are no substitute.  

For now I use a Vera Edge as slave controller for all these devices, and a VD in Fibaro to communicate and do the main things.  I think I would be better with the Vera as a primary but then what is the point of a HC2?

• Like 1