Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Camera small ok large not ok.

alandee

Question

Has anyone experienced / overcome the following ?

My overview pictures don't work, but if I click a camera button the camera works fine, ( click the camera number button ) in realtime, and all is well, then when I rotate the phone to get full screen, I get a "No Video" and black screen.

Going back to the overview I generally have to refresh network to get the smaller view showing again.

The cameras seem to work fine otherwise, I can even pinch in in the overview screen. HikVision Turret and Cube cameras all exhibit the same behaviour.

Any thoughts on where to start ?

Cheers,

al.

9 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • @A.Smolinski No problems, I think it is bandwidth related, I'm awaiting an ISP upgrade and then I'll start playing with the cameras again.

Cheers,

al.

I seem to have the same issue with my (low bandwidth) jpg stream from the Netatmo Presence.

Windows 10 PC:  At the wifi connected PC the enlarged stream is fine

Android Phone:  Preview picture seems fine, enlarged it switches between image, blackscreen/no video.

Android Tablet:  Preview picture seems fine, enlarged it switches between image, blackscreen/no video.

I have tried adjusting the time in between frames for the JPG stream but same result.

13 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

Check if the mJPG path is correct and try changing the resolution.

For some reason when I use the livestream as described here at the Netatmo website (

Please login or register to see this link.

it is not working, it automatically switches to the JPG snapshot stream. I cannot change the resolution of that stream. I have tried to change the interval at the HC2 Backend, but results stay the same.

The JPG and MPG stream work fine in the browser when access them directly. The JPG stream also works in the HC2 browser backend.

But as soon as the enlarged image in the android apps are displayed, the problems appear.

Try accessing the camera itself through local connection and change the resolution there. You might also want to refresh the network or change the refreshing frequency.

For the Netatmo Presence there is no option to change the resolution, it automatically adjusts according to the speed of the network. And again, the streams work fine across several devices, several browsers, several apps. Just when using the Fibaro app and enlarged view it is not working properly.

In small view it works, in medium view it works... 

Just only Enlarged view and Only in the phone/tablet app, it shows alternating images and black screens.

Since the source feed is fine, it seems to be an issue with the Fibaro apps,

Seems like it really is a problem with our app. I'm going to forward this to our engineers. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Any update on this issue? It is really annoying to have the camera image flickering when enlarged.