Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Somfy motor + Fibaro Roller Shutter 2

fdsjkl

Question

I'm currently planning on my house which will commence building in a couple of month time.

While I've figured out the lighting, sensor part, I can't find enough info on roller blinds/ venetian blinds. Most topics on this forum and on google are for Somfy RTS motor which seems like quite a lot of work to do. Since I'm building a new house, who a WIRED Somfy motor work with Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 without any "gateway" in the middle?

Somfy LT 50 and 40 WT are the motors I think might work, has anyone ever tried them before? If not, is there any other better option?

Thanks in advance.

13 answers to this question

Why did you not read the description and rules of this particular forum?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

And you even posted the same content in a different forum:

that still is not the correct one.

2 hours ago, fdsjkl said:

I'm currently planning on my house which will commence building in a couple of month time.

While I've figured out the lighting, sensor part, I can't find enough info on roller blinds/ venetian blinds. Most topics on this forum and on google are for Somfy RTS motor which seems like quite a lot of work to do. Since I'm building a new house, who a WIRED Somfy motor work with Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 without any "gateway" in the middle?

Somfy LT 50 and 40 WT are the motors I think might work, has anyone ever tried them before? If not, is there any other better option?

Thanks in advance.

this is exactly what your looking for.  "step by step" setup and use..

i would HIGHLY recommend doing a little leg work and searching the internet and the forum. took me thirty seconds on google

Edited by matt1981
edit

I use the 40WT for the venetian blinds here, works perfect with the roller shutter2 module, can open/close but also change the blinds position.
For curtains I use the IRISMO35 motor.

For both, there is no need at all to use any "smart" items from SOMFY itself, you just need the "stupid" 220v motor. 

Both the 40WT and the IRISMO35 come with 3 wires, ready to connect to the roller shutter module.

This will give you everything you need, even precise positioning.

1 minute ago, matt1981 said:

this is exactly what your looking for.  "step by step" setup and use..

This is correct

• Inquirer
  • Thanks you for the response!

Is it correct to assume a wired Somfy motor like 40WT + Fibaro roller shutter would work more reliably than a RTS + ZTRTS(raspberry pi) combo  for a 550 square metre 2 story house? I'll have roughly 15-20 in-wall relay/dimmer, 15 roller blinds, 5 motion sensor(aeotech, hardwired).

@fdsjkl , my house is about the same size, only I have a lot more z-wave devices... 

I must say that the roller blind modules are the most solid ones, they never have a connection problem, they always work... 

One advice, mount them somewhere accessible and from there run wire to the motor.

It is always nice that if something is wrong with the module you have easy access to it.

Oh, and don't go the RTS way, you don't want that..... 

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, Vinisz said:

@fdsjkl , my house is about the same size, only I have a lot more z-wave devices... 

I must say that the roller blind modules are the most solid ones, they never have a connection problem, they always work... 

One advice, mount them somewhere accessible and from there run wire to the motor.

It is always nice that if something is wrong with the module you have easy access to it.

Thank you very much, exact advice I want!! I'm planning to place the module right behind the hardwired wall mount blind control.

Also I'd like some sensor to automate some of the blinds based on lux level. I recently played with a Fibaro motion sensor which doesn't update lux level as expected after tinkering with various parameters, only way I can get it to update is to manually wake it up. Some googling told me it's to conserve battery. Would a USB powered motion sensor like Aeotec be better suited for such task?

Also, I do realized that some motor form Somfy comes with a manual override. But if it doesn't, in case of power outage, is there any way to shut/open the blind?

Edited by fdsjkl

We have model with Somfy J4WT and i must say Fibaro Roller is very solid with this one.

On 6. 3. 2018 at 10:02 AM, Vinisz said:

We have a Fibaro dealer that has customer with Somfy RTS. He used Somfy RS485RTS and Global Cache iTach Flex with RS-485 cable for integration. I have made VD for him.

To get it done correctly and for rock solid work i had to use Control4 for generating correct commands. It was less painfull and faster, then with Somfy app for commands generating. I was "man in the middle" in that communication for sniffing those commands 8-).

Guest fat

I used Somfy Sonesse 40 6/40 with all of my blinds when I built my house a few years ago. These work perfectly with roller shutter 2

• Inquirer
  • 5 hours ago, fat said:

I used Somfy Sonesse 40 6/40 with all of my blinds when I built my house a few years ago. These work perfectly with roller shutter 2

Are they the RTS version? I'm based in Brisbane, pretty close to you. Where did you get the blinds from and did they do the installation?

Guest fat

These are not the RTS version. They are a basic "dumb" 240v Mott so the Fibaro module works perfectly with them

I got them from Lovelight blinds and they installed them but did not do the electrical connection. I had my own sparky do that 

Somfy motors work flawlessly with the Fibaro Roller/Shutter modules. But the Somfy RTS motor don't work with Fibaro.

Sad enough Somfy decided to adapt to a different protocol . RTS is a Somfy protocol only and no feedback to the controller is given

and the other Somfy protocol is IO-homecontrol. The IO-homecontrol does give a feedback but is only usable with selected manufacturers like  Somfy, Honeywell, Velux and Hitachi.

I have the same issues over here; I bought Velux windows and had a hard (and expensive) time to integrate them within my Fibaro HC2

• Like 1