Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGT-001 - New Firmware Available: 4.0 > 4.3

Gianluca S.

Question

Hi Guys,

The new firmare is aivaliable for our FGT-001 heating valves.

The version is 4.3. Im updating my 6 valves. Each valved take more than 20 minutes to complete the procedure.

Cross the finger and share the experience....

If you are running HC FW older than 1.462 (beta) do not perform remove/reset/include after update TRV's FW. 

(Thanks to adyboss for the suggestion)

Edited by Gianluca S.

I quite agree with you Jon798.

Much of this mess would have been found quickly with these measures.

All I can see is that someone thinks the costumers are too stupid to learn anything from these readings.

Edited by svaleb

I have swapped a couple of emails with Fibaro Tech support who said there should be a new firmware update in 2-3 weeks. No more information than that available to me...

Cheers,

Jon.

Last week I installed the controllers in the bathroom. And there I've got all the problems the rest have got. Now I installed three more controllers in the living room and these look like they are working fine. And this with the external temp sensor. I think Petergebruers said he also had some rooms working and some not.

Could it have somehting to do with the type of radiotor and connection of the valve? My bathroom and living room both have different radiators.

52 minutes ago, Den James said:

Could it have somehting to do with the type of radiotor and connection of the valve? My bathroom and living room both have different radiators.

Yes. If you send the "blackbox logs" then Fibaro can analyze them. They can detect issues like, for example, a valve set to 0% but actually not being closed fully. They are also interested in logs of *working* setups, to verify the operation of their algorithms.

On 20-3-2018 at 12:43 PM, petergebruers said:

The BLE sensor reports every 10 minutes, the FGT reports when there is a +/- 0.5 difference between the BLE report and the last FGT report. Probably 4.3 adds some reporting after several hours, the older version did not do that so if you had a constant room temperature, you might not have any FGT report for several hours. If the FGT does not report, it means room temp measured by the sensor deviates by less than +/- 0.5°C.

Do I understand that the algorithms take in account the temperature from BLT and valve itself? That is never going to work in my case where the valves are behind the cover in front of the radiator. It will always be much warmer there than with the BLT.

Or is it just reporting that is done with tempearture differences between both?

Hi @kristofre ,

Please, check slave number one for update. There you should see it. Sorry it is in CZ. But layout should give you an idea where to look in device settings.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_03/Fib_hlavice_slave.jpg.0ce2324c740e86e3ae7942bf08daf2f1.jpg" alt="Fib_hlavice_slave.jpg.0ce2324c740e86e3ae7942bf08daf2f1.jpg" />

1 minute ago, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @kristofre ,

Please, check slave number one for update. There you should see it. Sorry it is in CZ. But layout should give you an idea where to look in device settings.

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks Jakub!

Any reason why it is not on the main device? Also, why did I not get a notification for it?

5 minutes ago, kristofre said:

Thanks Jakub!

Any reason why it is not on the main device? Also, why did I not get a notification for it?

No clue. I did find about 1st slave, when i wanted to upgrade some Dimmers.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:40 AM, Bezan said:

Hi, after update I still have non working valve too...

Temperature from plan is 21,5, in room 22,5 and valve is open. In HC it is showing OFF for one and 21,5 fo second in this room. Module is living its own life.

In bathroom valve after turning on is turning MAX / OFF since 1 hour in a loop.

I was able to add additional temperature sensor once. After some location changes and valve reset it is not accepting temperature sensor again.

I feel like we are working to get Fibaro module working but still paying full price for non working device. I`m very close for asking for refund.

I had it too, yesterday i did new calibration of all trv's. now it looks ok again.

Can you try a new calibration? (menu-white-confirm)

Is there any news on a new firmware update?  Here in the UK we have finally had a little nice weather, which is great but highlights that we might be running out of time to test a thermostatic radiator valve...

Thanks,

Jon.

2 minutes ago, Jon798 said:

Is there any news on a new firmware update?

Valid question. I can see you are fairly new around here ;-)

Fibaro rarely discusses release dates of... well.. just about anything :-D

So all I know is: "they are working on it". Personally, if I was still on 4.0, I'd skip 4.3.

Sometimes though they surprise me.

4 minutes ago, Jon798 said:

Here in the UK we have finally had a little nice weather

I'm in Flanders and I bet we cannot test TRVs this week. Actually, I really hope we cannot test, because we have barely seen the sun since September.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 3:29 PM, Jon798 said:

I have swapped a couple of emails with Fibaro Tech support who said there should be a new firmware update in 2-3 weeks. No more information than that available to me...

On 4/18/2018 at 4:32 PM, Jon798 said:

Is there any news on a new firmware update?  Here in the UK we have finally had a little nice weather, which is great but highlights that we might be running out of time to test a thermostatic radiator valve...

So... no news yet? :) 

The summer is almost everywhere...

On 22-3-2018 at 12:18 PM, petergebruers said:

Yes. If you send the "blackbox logs" then Fibaro can analyze them. They can detect issues like, for example, a valve set to 0% but actually not being closed fully. They are also interested in logs of *working* setups, to verify the operation of their algorithms.

Hi Peter,

Can these blackbox logs be send to support@? or do they have to be send to another mail address?

I have some logs:

Heatpanel: everytime of day 10 degrees

But I hear the valve change position regularly while room is above 20 degrees continuous.

Main heating closed because my radiator will warm the room even more.

1 hour ago, rdfeij said:

Can these blackbox logs be send to support@?

Yes. Please do so.

1 hour ago, rdfeij said:

But I hear the valve change position regularly while room is above 20 degrees continuous.

I am not sure what you mean by "regularly". Once per week is normal (automatic descale, calibration). If it is more often, ...

Anyway, Fibaro is still preparing new firmware (to replace 4.3) based on user reports, like yours. No ETA.

On 29-4-2018 at 10:29 AM, petergebruers said:

Yes. Please do so.

I am not sure what you mean by "regularly". Once per week is normal (automatic descale, calibration). If it is more often, ...

Anyway, Fibaro is still preparing new firmware (to replace 4.3) based on user reports, like yours. No ETA.

It is multiple times per hour. Just send in the blackbox logs. Hope these can help them.

I send in blackbox logs. Conclusion of Fibaro is unit is defective because it is constant open.  I can hear it move often but it seems not to close. Today I checked my HC2 and got "motor failure" from my other valve. Not very hopefull for the future. Awaiting new firmware before sending both in for RMA.

6 minutes ago, rdfeij said:

Awaiting new firmware

Fibaro said in March that "in next 3 weeks a new FW will be available"... ;(

4.4 is working fine for me (8 FGT's in 7 rooms, external temp sensors, used with heating panel and City Heating hot water supply)