Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGT-001 - New Firmware Available: 4.0 > 4.3

Gianluca S.

Question

Hi Guys,

The new firmare is aivaliable for our FGT-001 heating valves.

The version is 4.3. Im updating my 6 valves. Each valved take more than 20 minutes to complete the procedure.

Cross the finger and share the experience....

If you are running HC FW older than 1.462 (beta) do not perform remove/reset/include after update TRV's FW. 

(Thanks to adyboss for the suggestion)

Edited by Gianluca S.

Hello guys,

if you are using TRV with HC version lower than 4.162 Beta device won't include properly after removing it from the network as lower version do not have a template for module in fw other than 4.0. 
Beta 4.162 fully support valves with 4.3 fw, if you are sticking to last stable version please do not remove modules after the update or just wait few days for next stable release.

If you are getting "Status: fail - update interrupted - device connection lost. try again." in random moments this is probably caused by high Z-Wave traffic, just try again and try not to use the gateway (zwave) during the update.
If you are getting ""Status: fail - file size error. contact fibaro support." try reinclude the module and try again (in non-secure preferably) if this won't help RMA procedure will be probably needed. 
If you are getting "
Authentication error - update aborted. Authorize the procedure using the device." this could mean that module has to low battery level to perform the update. 

Please do not focus your attention to top logs (all modules uses the same statuses to report issues with update, RBGW modules uses the same Command Class to write user sequences) - if you are performing an update please stick to statuses in "Firmware Update" section in device advanced configuration.

If you are experiencing issues with sticking the modules to desired schedule please click "Synchronize" button in device advanced configuration in "
Schedule synchronization" section. 

They seem to take "debugging" this firmware serious. New feature: Blackbox logs. "Obtain logs from the blackbox and improve the device with us. This way you can help our technical support in solving your issue. Generated file is encrypted - it will not be readable."

Changelog:
Improved operation stability in schedule mode,
Improved temperature regulation,
Improved valve calibration mechanism,
Improved battery charging algorithm.
Warning:
Update can take up to 30 minutes. It depends on Z-wave traffic,
If possible, locate the device in the close nearby (ca. 2m) of the Home Center to avoid failures,
Wait few minutes after successful update and check if version of device has changed,
In case of strange device behaviour there may be need of reconfiguration/reinclusion.

Edit

I've updated 2xFGT-001 plus external sensor. Update OK, takes 1/2 hour per TRV. After update I took no risk (of having "stuff lingering") and excluded, reset and re-included the devices. They are now sitting in the "unassigned" room and I'll be monitoring their performance.

Edited by petergebruers
  • Thanks 1

Just tried to do the FGT update but got an error

Please login or register to see this attachment.

You are trying to update the RGBW module? :)

I beliveve is the RGBW module from TRV...

My update worked OK.

Edited by adyboss

4.160 stable here

I confirm RGBW program error ... same with me:

Now device seems not configured well with red box, with battery warning standing, even TRV is recharged a week ago:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_03/image.png.b771e629e0cf759c177b2bff6b4a10a7.png" alt="image.png.b771e629e0cf759c177b2bff6b4a10a7.png" />

And next Update tries gives errors...

image.png.10da918cde81e333d0cd08b522e1d8f0.png

And it is just the first try 1/8:

Should I continue? What is the possibility to broke all of my heating, Fibaro?

Who is going to spend hours now, fixing the mess...again...!

Regards...

I have another problem. After update (it was successfully?!?) the TRV cannot be configured and the devices (names) looks strange (duplicate) - I don't see the TRV icon - com.fibaro.FGT001 - as for the old FW (third picture):

Okay, Fibaro,

1. Moved The Heat Controller into Unassigned room in order no commands from Heat Panel or scripts to be send to the TRV.

2. Put The Heat Controller in StandBy mode

3. Brought it right next to the HC2 (50 cm)

4. Resumed normal operation by clicking the button once using the key

5. Update restarted

First time at around 80% of the progress I got:

"Status: fail - update interrupted - device connection lost. try again."

/monthly_2018_03/image.png.5108ddf8798184275b51ddd24228f6d5.png" alt="image.png.5108ddf8798184275b51ddd24228f6d5.png" />

Tried again, Check, Start, again failed at around 40% progress.

How the connection may be lost, if they are at 50 cm each other and z-wave network is calm?

Any other instructions and/or ideas to follow in order to successfully complete the update?

Probably:

1. update to 4.162beta and try again (avoiding it as I do not want to lose all my energy consumption meters (as reported after 4.161 update)

2. exclude/include the TRV and try again

or anything else I am missing?

Hi @chapa, I had exactly the same issues: update failed, battery "drain" ... what I did is a reboot of the hc and the same of what you've done,I brought all devices one after the others next to the hc, and updates went well, except for the last one over my 5 TRV, for that one, I've retried 2 or 3 times but by the end it has ended successfully! For the low battery i had it on the temperature extra module only not on the TRV itself, what I've done is relinking the module to the TRV and the battery went back to green. I truly think what @petergebruers has done is the best option, exclude/reset/include and that's what I going to do tomorrow :)

hope it will help.

Hi,

I'm unable to update ...

After 10 secondes of the "Downloading" status I get the error "Status: fail - file size error. contact fibaro support."

And in the notification center "An error occured. RGBW program writing will not start"

I tried 50 times with same result and rebooted the HC Lite 5 times.

No more success after updated it to 4.162 beta.

Update was successful, however -and even after exclusion and re-inclusion- I got the 'Deviced without a template' error. Still no functional valve....

And an error; System Hardware Failure....

Never seen this before....

7 hours ago, Tony270570 said:

Hi @chapa, I had exactly the same issues: update failed, battery "drain" ... what I did is a reboot of the hc and the same of what you've done,I brought all devices one after the others next to the hc, and updates went well, except for the last one over my 5 TRV, for that one, I've retried 2 or 3 times but by the end it has ended successfully! For the low battery i had it on the temperature extra module only not on the TRV itself, what I've done is relinking the module to the TRV and the battery went back to green. I truly think what @petergebruers has done is the best option, exclude/reset/include and that's what I going to do tomorrow :)

hope it will help.

Thanks @Tony270570

Your answer definitely helped, at least encouraging me to keep fighting the TRV for theirs good :)

Btw. my 5th update attempt, after which I went asleep, was successful when I checked in the morning.

Tomorrow will exclude/reset/include, as you also suggest, I think it has proven to be best practice after updating Fibaro modules.

Just cant imagine doing all steps with all 8 working TRVs, and other 3 waiting unboxed. In such moments I am glad I am not an Installer :) 

Tony, was your faulty TRV the only one with external temperature sensor from all 5 updated?

I am wondering now, may it be failing because of the external sensor.

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, djefmo said:

Update was successful, however -and even after exclusion and re-inclusion- I got the 'Deviced without a template' error. Still no functional valve....

And an error; System Hardware Failure....

Hi djefmo,

Which HC firmware version are you using?

May it be after the new TRV update, old HC firmware (if one may use) does not recognize the new TRV version and therefore can not assign valid template for the device?

11 minutes ago, chapa said:

Tony, was your faulty TRV the only one with external temperature sensor from all 5 updated?

I am wondering now, may it be failing because of the external sensor.

My first updated TRV had an external sensor connected.

After update I've got the below "master-slave" devices and of course is not working properly.

It is presenting FW 4.3 and I cannot retry the update.

The other two devices I have updated were without external sensor and the update worked without any problem.

Does anyone know what I can do for the failed one?

Regards

/monthly_2018_03/image.thumb.png.474f00a3b1a3cf790682b475fd5b156c.png" data-fileid="24809" />

1 minute ago, adyboss said:

The other two devices I have updated were without external sensor and the update worked without any problem

Hm, it will be good if others can confirm it also.

As, excluding the external sensor before update is much easy step, compared to the headaches one may go in case of update failure.

4 minutes ago, adyboss said:

Does anyone know what I can do for the failed one?

I see no option than exclude/include the device from the HC.

It will be indeed strange if the device still reports such slaves after clean inclusion.

Are the duplicate Slaves with same IDs in the system? If so, it may be some bug in the HC firmware itself (even not, still a bug :)

2 minutes ago, chapa said:

I see no option than exclude/include the device from the HC.

It will be indeed strange if the device still reports such slaves after clean inclusion.

Are the duplicate Slaves with same IDs in the system? If so, it may be some bug in the HC firmware itself (even not, still a bug :)

Already did it.

Exclude it. Reset it. Include it (without external sensor)

Same slaves reported. No Duplicate IDs.

How it can be a HC FW probelm as long as other TRV devices are OK?

Edited by adyboss

9 minutes ago, adyboss said:

Same slaves reported. No Duplicate IDs

Really strange.

In my opinion problems may be two for the faulty device:

1. TRV firmware is broken, and report wrongly to controller upon z-wave interview. I think it is less possible scenario, if possible at all.

2. HC bug, adding duplicate slaves, cant guess why. Probably a reboot may make it "think different". Cant guess any other options you might have in this situation.

I know it is not funny, but on the other hand, you are lucky, you've gоt two TRVs at the price of one :) 

57 minutes ago, chapa said:

Hi djefmo,

Which HC firmware version are you using?

May it be after the new TRV update, old HC firmware (if one may use) does not recognize the new TRV version and therefore can not assign valid template for the device?

Hi chapa, 

That was a good suggestion; I was running the 'old' beta version. I'm now running 4.162 beta. Now; the template is being recognised and everything looks good again. I only had one problem afterwards, and that is that it gave the error head calibration failed. It turns out, I first had to turn on the central thermostat and after that, the local thermostat thermostat was heating up, to which the heat controller was connected. When performing a manual head calibration at that moment, it didn't gave the error anymore. 

So now..... let's see if we can actually control the temperature in the room in a decent way ;)

Edited by djefmo

11 minutes ago, djefmo said:

That was a good suggestion

That makes me feel really well. Thanks. :) Glad if I was in any help.

13 minutes ago, djefmo said:

So now..... let's see if we can actually control the temperature in the room in a decent way ;)

Everyone here is waiting for feedback :) cant. wait for it, especially for some deep analysis from @petergebruers

Even if TRVs working well now, for me personally it is less possible to skip current setup using script to control the heating and TRVs (fully open/close TRVs based on Heating Panel Scheduler and Rooms temperature sensors averages). I am happy with its results during the heating season so far.

And then !

How to update this x##x%?? thing if you have an other controller and no access to a HC2 or HCL !!! ???

Hi, after update I still have non working valve too...

Temperature from plan is 21,5, in room 22,5 and valve is open. In HC it is showing OFF for one and 21,5 fo second in this room. Module is living its own life.

In bathroom valve after turning on is turning MAX / OFF since 1 hour in a loop.

I was able to add additional temperature sensor once. After some location changes and valve reset it is not accepting temperature sensor again.

I feel like we are working to get Fibaro module working but still paying full price for non working device. I`m very close for asking for refund.