Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGT-001 - New Firmware Available: 4.0 > 4.3

Gianluca S.

Question

Hi Guys,

The new firmare is aivaliable for our FGT-001 heating valves.

The version is 4.3. Im updating my 6 valves. Each valved take more than 20 minutes to complete the procedure.

Cross the finger and share the experience....

If you are running HC FW older than 1.462 (beta) do not perform remove/reset/include after update TRV's FW. 

(Thanks to adyboss for the suggestion)

Edited by Gianluca S.

15 hours ago, chapa said:

Thanks @Tony270570

Your answer definitely helped, at least encouraging me to keep fighting the TRV for theirs good :)

Btw. my 5th update attempt, after which I went asleep, was successful when I checked in the morning.

Tomorrow will exclude/reset/include, as you also suggest, I think it has proven to be best practice after updating Fibaro modules.

Just cant imagine doing all steps with all 8 working TRVs, and other 3 waiting unboxed. In such moments I am glad I am not an Installer :) 

Tony, was your faulty TRV the only one with external temperature sensor from all 5 updated?

I am wondering now, may it be failing because of the external sensor.

Thanks.

Hi djefmo,

Which HC firmware version are you using?

May it be after the new TRV update, old HC firmware (if one may use) does not recognize the new TRV version and therefore can not assign valid template for the device?

Hi @chapa sorry for the late answer! Happy that it has helped, at least in encouraging, as it was somewhere the objectif :) and yes I get my first issue with one TRV with an external sensor, but I think it was due to the distance between the box and the TRV, I achieve in updating others TRVs with external sensors at the first try and had some issues with a TRV without any external sensor as well. definitely compared to other type of devices I have already updated the TRV really don't appreciate the distance with the box. I'm still facing strange behaviors  with the regulation after the update but maybe my fault as I didn't took the time yet to exclude/include, therefore I will not put the blame before having explored further.

cheers

1 hour ago, DennisDM said:

and add them again (include) with only the first option. far from HC checked, Network wide and secure unchecked.

1 hour ago, DennisDM said:

Maybe a HC Lite issue?

no, that's zwave routing basics + zwave plus implementation on zw300 chip in HCx (with emulated S2 with lot of overhead due to S0 encryption).

Near HCx, with updated route (to connect directly), with no security enabled (except hw based S2 in the future), update runs almost always with no issues. The only disturbing source can be another module trying to send something over and over again (unsolicited reports), neighbours broken FLiRS device, the person in front of HCx ...

Hi,

interesting case: update killed one of my TRVs. Update of 3 TRVs went smooth, 1 failed, succeeded on second trial, but issue with "not configured device" occured. Update of HC2 to 4.162 solved that, but after successful configuration "Engine failed" log appeared and TRV does not calibrate nor works any more . I must stress that before update it suffered from some "newborn"problems known to most users, but all in all worked. Now it is useless. Can you help @I.Srodka ?

Best regards,

Andrzej Browarski

@AndrewB82, I'm afraid this unit will have to be sent back to us. 

You can contact our support to get info about warranty procedure.

@I.Srodka I have a "not configured device" too.

After the release of new HC stable version and the correct config after that, should I expect to something similar as @AndrewB82 for this unit?

The other two I have updated looks to be OK after update on 4.160, as long I was not exclude/reset/include them yet.

@adyboss, no, not configured doesn't have to mean the same.

You should first remove the Heat Controller completely, update your HC to 4.162, reset the device and while adding it again, stay close to the HC.

Hi @I.Srodka,

I'll prefer to wait for stable version instead of installing 4.162.

Do you have an estimation for the stable version?

Regards.

Good! Waiting your feedback on 4.162.

Did you reset the TRV after removal (before re added it)?

16 minutes ago, adyboss said:

Good! Waiting your feedback on 4.162.

Did you reset the TRV after removal (before re added it)?

No I did not. But first impressions are good. Where before with room temperature 18 and TRV set to 10 it opend a little bit (warming room till 20)  it now stays closed

4 minutes ago, rdfeij said:

Where before with room temperature 18 and TRV set to 10 it opend a little bit (warming room till 20)  it now stays closed

TRV set to 10 or 20?

Don't panic me more than I am...

Well.. my first impression with the updated heat controller and HC2: It still doesn't work! 
My set-point is 18,5 degrees. But when the temperature is 20,3 degrees, the valve just opens up again and starts heating the room even more. 
This all with the paired bluetooth temperature sensor.

How is the valve behaving with all of you? 
Again, I see the message that the calibration failed. But that's a day after installing.. when it was already calibrated... 
Why does it calibrate at random moments multiple times? I really miss detailed info from Fibaro here. For example: Do you need to have turned on the heating when calibration is being performed? Hopefully of my fellow HC2 users can help me out :)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by djefmo

48 minutes ago, djefmo said:

My set-point is 18,5 degrees. But when the temperature is 20,3 degrees, the valve just opens up again and starts heating the room even more.

Out of curiosity, is your FGT external sensor in the same spot as the device that measured that 20.3 degrees? What kind of sensor do you use?

42 minutes ago, djefmo said:

How is the valve behaving with all of you? 

It is too soon to tell. But I'd like to make a suggestion. One of my FGTs seemed ok, but the other not ok, but I think it is better now. Unfortunately, I tried this only a few hours ago so I really think it is too soon to tell. But by trying this, you might help diagnose this issue. So, if you find the time, and only *IF* you find the time... Would it be possible to do what I did, in that exact order, with that FGT + sensor:

• exclude FGT
  • reset ext sensor
  • reset FGT
  • include FGT
  • add ext sensor
  • move FGT to room (controlled by heating panel)
45 minutes ago, djefmo said:

Again, I see the message that the calibration failed. But that's a day after installing.. when it was already calibrated...

Mine does not do that, calibration was done only at installation time. Does it respond to on/off (magenta/white if you turn the knob)? I mean, does it fully open/close?

There are many different valve manufacturers, it might be a mechanical problem, tolerance...

On 13/03/2018 at 8:05 AM, chapa said:

Hi all, 

Yesterday evening I finally decided to do things properly. I've updated TRVs the first day after the firmware release but didn't exclude/reset/included them after, just updated; and now it's done! at least  in my living room having 3 TRVs. Well what I was thinking to be a quick operation has ended in long story. It was a little bit hard to included them but I finally manage it. What cause me big troubles was the behaviors of the system. TRV after the inclusion have started to flood the system, I was having the message in the TVR saying "Transfer data OK" in non stop. I had the phenomena with my 3 TRVs. I tried lot of operations  in order to stabilized my "non responding" system(zwave orders stuck for long minutes, releasing all the messages, stuck again ...) . The first thing I did is trying to understand if it was due to the zwave traffic or something else, not easy without any tools :) but for sure in the diagnostic panel CPUs were stuck at 100%. I tried to change the set point, the duration, by setup to move the TRV from my living room to another room without any heating definition, rebooting several times I had 1 503 after few reboots :) and finally the system stabilized by it self (???) well the same scenario has been repeat for my 3 valves. It shouldn't have nothing to do with the TRV firmware update but for sure more with the HC firmware itself but I found useful to share this experience has I may not be the only one who had or will have such experience.

Saying that, now everything is back (more or less to normal because the system still sometimes freezes again after for example a manual update of the set point but not always and not for a long time) to normal, what I can already say is TRV are definitively behaving in a much more better way ! What i going to say may looks "funny" but they finally reacting and didn't stay always opened even when room temperature is around 23° and the set point at 15 or less... Now I can ear my valves opening closing and the temperature much better controlled. 

I understand that it's missing illustrations and demonstrations as @petergebruers (our alien :) ) is doing , but it's so evident that I feel necessary to share with all of you this so big progress. 

I wil need more time to analyse more in deep the general evolution, but once again I really feel we are on the good way !!

I will now continue to "cleanup" my other TRVs hopping that I will have less troubles with the inclusions ...

Edited by Tony270570

22 minutes ago, Tony270570 said:

The first thing I did is trying to understand if it was due to the zwave traffic or something else, not easy without any tools :) but for sure in the diagnostic panel CPUs were stuck at 100%. I tried to change the set point, the duration, by setup to move the TRV from my living room to another room without any heating definition, rebooting several times I had 1 503 after few reboots :) and finally the system stabilized by it self (???) well the same scenario has been repeat for my 3 valves.

Hmm.. Yes... I saw that too, and I am speculating, it is transferring the heating schedule from the "panel" to the FGT. It takes a remarkable amount of time and it slow downs the browser interface. Unfortunately, I did not time it. Probably 30 seconds, maybe one minute. I could click on "Synchronize" to simulate this, but at the moment I am testing the perfomance of my 2 FGTs so I try not to change anything. Download "Blackbox" logs also takes quite a while. I did not do anything to make it stop, it certainly returned to normal after about 5 minutes.

Well I maybe I was too impatient and didn't let the system quietly finish it job, probably as you said the transfer of the schedule is taking time that was my thought also, but yesterday in the late evening the system was remaind really unresponsive for a long time and I think that I've instinctively switch into the panic mode on the idea of having a system down on the morning, fatally ending with some special remarks of the other habitants of the house.

I will re-include remaining valves tomorrow as I will have more time in front of me, and also to let the time to time without interrupting potential running jobs.

4 minutes ago, Tony270570 said:

Well I maybe I was too impatient and didn't let the system quietly finish it job

I totally understand the way you acted... I don't think there is an easy way to see if this transfer, or whatever it is doing, has finished. And its effect is certainly is noticeable.

• Thanks 1

Going wrong again...

All day:

Tevens set at 10 Degrees. valves closed as they should be (that is better than before)

After coming home:

Measured temperature 19,4 degrees

Trv's set to 15 degrees, one valve stays shut, one opens up which is totally not wanted..

Heating room by fireplace to 21 degrees: valve still open.

Maybe I was too soon. Both valves now closed. 19,9 degrees measured. 15 set in trv.

Edited by rdfeij

I'm a bit new in all this, so i might be a stupid question. But how do you update the firmware of a device like the heat controller in a HCL2?