Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

everspring SP816-1 Compatibility?

morpheus75

Question

hi all

i have the new everspring SP816-1 outdoor motion sensor.

i can include with no problem but it doesnt register as the sensor being breached in the interface therefore cannot use as part of scenes.

i can however setup a group 2 association to a light and it works as it should.

group 1 association has been correctly setup to HC2 as it should be.

any thoughts??

thanks

15 answers to this question

Hello, I have observe the same issue. I heard from the fibaro support service that it is an issue in the template and will be solved soon (answer 2 months ago.......).

But thanks for your remark of the associations ... Now I can at least something with the sensor :-).

Kind regards,

Clemens

Hi, i expire exact the same, did you have received some feedback from Fibaro that there is an correct template available now? 

kind regards, Erik.

I have the same problem and wasted some days with tests before i found this discussion here :(

Edited by ChristianM

Hi

I have the same problem. I just purchased a HC2 and Everspring 816 sensor, spent ages trying to get the thing to trigger some lights in a scene without success (it never becomes 'breached').

Now having seen this it appears I am not the only one...

Presumably there is no fix/workaround?

Thanks

Rob

• Inquirer
  • hi

the only workaround i have found so far is to associate the sensor with a relay device. and then set the time on the sensor to however long you want the light to stay on for.

when sensor breached the light turns on and after elapsed time the light will turn off.

hope this helps

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, RobG73 said:

Hi

Thanks for the reply. How have you associated a relay device with the sensor? And then set a time?

Mine never becomes 'breached' (the status in HC2 is always 'never breached') so I don't see how it can trigger anything!

On the assumption this device wont work properly then any other suggestions for an external wireless movement sensor to trigger lights coming on appreciated!

Cheers

Rob

unfortunately no time control so it will work all the time as its an association and not a scene...

@FIBARO any news on compatibility for this device. Seems to be the only or atleast one of very few outdoor sensors on the market, have a couple and it would be great to have them working properly

For info, following up on my experience, I never got the outdoor sensor to work and it is now a 'visual deterrent' as the batteries have died. Sad as if it had worked then I would have bought several more and had a nice garden/drive lighting solution. And maybe what Fibaro should recognise (i.e. the lack of third party device support) is that this sort of experience makes you question investing in further devices or looking at alternatives...

Indeed, theres a really nice hue outdoor sensor but that dosnt really work with Fibaro :(

Hi

Thanks for the reply. How have you associated a relay device with the sensor? And then set a time?

Mine never becomes 'breached' (the status in HC2 is always 'never breached') so I don't see how it can trigger anything!

On the assumption this device wont work properly then any other suggestions for an external wireless movement sensor to trigger lights coming on appreciated!

Cheers

Rob