Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Future plans ?

ocollus

Fibaro could you please answer on following questions ?

1. Are you going to integrate HC2 (HC3 ?) with Apple Homekit ?
2. Are you going to integrate system with IFTTT ?
3. Add a customize sound for Push ?
4. Fix an empty box for messages in iPhone app ?
5. Fix not responding "Button" device ?
6. Sell working Thermostat with no bugs ?
7. Fix HC2 problem with all leds "on" except last blinking one after power failture ?
8. Make Alexa integration much easier without words "ask fibaro to" ?
9. Are you going to add a possibility to read state of Logitech Harmony ?
10. Release an iPhone app that looks good ? 
11. Fix better widgets reacting on iPhone (sometimes widgets are not responding while app working great) ?
12. Read state of power failure could be great feature ?
13. H.264 cameras ?
14. Add "else" in block scenes ?

15. GPS draining battery problem

16. Presence of household members (GPS or WiFi logs ?)

Can we expect something more than "we are working on this" ;) ?

Could you publish a roadmap ?

Edited by ocollus

54 minutes ago, ocollus said:

;) ?

Why you must say so complex sentences, like Alexa, ask fibaro to do something..

I just say, "Alexa, turn on kitschen lights" and fibaro does turn lights on.

Same for Harmony HUB. 

I say, "Alexa, turn on TV"  or "Alexa, set TV to channel 15"

Roadmap itself is nice thing to read, what we can except, , but after seeing some roadmaps ;)  over years, then I must say, not all features become available.

Those just give first hope, later a lot questions, when all those nice finally become available and then frustration, that after long awaiting nothing.

It is like HCL and those addons or Fibaro and Qnap cooperation

Edited by Tundel

I am not sure if they are going to do so, publish future plans, even though it's fair enough to ask them!

Edited by samuel

I would be interested in a public roadmap as well. I know this adds pressure on the developers but that pressure is a good thing (improves performance) but it also reduces anxiety from customers. Right now I'm seriously debating future investments in some products because either they're buggy or they don't have a public deadline for support.

1 hour ago, winromulus said:

I would be interested in a public roadmap as well. I know this adds pressure on the developers but that pressure is a good thing (improves performance) but it also reduces anxiety from customers. Right now I'm seriously debating future investments in some products because either they're buggy or they don't have a public deadline for support.

• There public roadmap for the doorbell exist 2 years and finally it's here, but a lot of users find it to expensive. So what's the purpose then for a roadmap if it takes 2 years.
  • Pressure on developers does not always improve performance but can lead to "beta" products.
  • With whom are you debating?

5 minutes ago, Sjekke said:
  • There public roadmap for the doorbell exist 2 years and finally it's here, but a lot of users find it to expensive. So what's the purpose then for a roadmap if it takes 2 years.
  • Pressure on developers does not always improve performance but can lead to "beta" products.

Purpose: Transparency. I doubt anyone invests in setups blindly. Even if something takes 2 years (in that example), it still provides information on which to make an informed decision. To each their own thought process, I guess..

Pressure on developers: Current industry standard highly conflicts with your evaluation. Most companies require roadmaps to increase pressure on own delivery deadlines while maintaining customer engagement. See roadmaps from Google, Apple. Microsoft, Atlassian and most respectable service provides (small or large). If pressure drives quality down, that's a problem in management or company culture.

9 minutes ago, Sjekke said:

With whom are you debating?

I am debating future investments on some of Fibaro or third-party products with the primary stakeholder of my budget, namely myself. I'll consider it a rhetorical question (with a grain of sarcasm for taste) since "debating with oneself" is a phrase synonym for pondering, deliberating, evaluating, etc.

My thinking process is this: If you don't know if product A will be ever fully supported on a platform or when such support will be provided, don't make the investment unless you have room to store useless devices. In case of Fibaro, some of the promises for the next software updates were not respected, hence the need for a roadmap.

I think this company will go into a major distress/restructuring/takeover before it is able to complete the list of todos in the original post.

They want to do many too many things/ win too many competitive battlefields/ without being able to focus enough resources on any of those to actually win...

I have seen this many times... feels like they are already in a death spiral.....

On the bright side - their sensors and actors can work with other hubs! 

Hello  @ocollus

I'm sorry but I cannot share any details about our plans : ( 

Everything that can be published, leaked (via installers) is being published and leaked already.

The things we do in private will stay in private.

But I can tell you that this is incorrect and our integration with Alexa works like that (without "ask fibaro to").

22 hours ago, ocollus said:

Transparency doesn't always lead to good results. 

We have a huge roadmap, some products are really interesting. For example, you will read that we plan to release a device (you're interested in) in 2 years time, and if, for example, Qubino would know that, they could start from the end of our roadmap and beat us to it (because we will be busy with first products from the roadmap). 

If you knew that Dimmer 3 will be released next week, would you buy Dimmer 2 today?

IMHO best plan for Fibaro make project is open source.

IMHO іn the current situation, the project will kill itself.

Sorry for pessimistic.

4 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

If you knew that Dimmer 3 will be released next week, would you buy Dimmer 2 today?

In the present situation: anything that we do buy - it will work bad. IMHO bottleneck is Fibaro software core.

Why we should buy "HOT! NEW! ONLY TODAY $100 A NEW FIBARO WUNDERWAFFE #777.2018 " if the software is buggy?

now it looks like you propose to buy new cool with .NET "MS Office 2018" for buggy Win95.

• Topic Author
  • 10 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

Hello  @ocollus

I'm sorry but I cannot share any details about our plans : ( 

Everything that can be published, leaked (via installers) is being published and leaked already.

The things we do in private will stay in private.

But I can tell you that this is incorrect and our integration with Alexa works like that (without "ask fibaro to").

Transparency doesn't always lead to good results. 

We have a huge roadmap, some products are really interesting. For example, you will read that we plan to release a device (you're interested in) in 2 years time, and if, for example, Qubino would know that, they could start from the end of our roadmap and beat us to it (because we will be busy with first products from the roadmap). 

I'm not exactly sure how transparency about fixing bugs or ifttt integration can be destructive for Fibaro... :)

Also i don't know how Alexa can inform me about temperature in let's say - Garage without "ask Fibaro".
    It is now: "Alexa ask Fibaro what is the temperature in Garage"
    Should be: "Alexa what is the temperature in Garage ?"
    Am I missing something ?

• Like 1

I'm not exactly sure how transparency about fixing bugs or ifttt integration can be destructive for Fibaro... :)

I agree. I don't want IFTTT ... I want 1 system doing everything ...

Also i don't know how Alexa can inform me about temperature in let's say - Garage without "ask Fibaro".
    It is now: "Alexa ask Fibaro what is the temperature in Garage"

WTF can I do with Alexa, she doens't speak Dutch

• 1 month later...

yeah just give us some high level details of whats coming.. Dont even care if it doesnt have a timeframe attached to it. 

We've all spent big dollars to live in this ecosystem and we have no idea of what is coming down the pipe line.

for example, ive been complaining for a while now how poorly implemented the notifications within fibaro is. This needs to be totally rethought of and reimplemented as it is confusing. SmartThings has nailed many of my frustrations but i'll stay faithful as i see some good potential here in this product but we need reassurance of whats coming.

The iPhone apps and Gui need freshening up as they appear quite outdated.

The events area needs some tweaking. for example i've longed for the event for *light turned on* should have a line which showed by which scene. This would help diagnose things within the logs etc.

On 3/14/2018 at 12:57 AM, ocollus said:

1. Are you going to integrate HC2 (HC3 ?) with Apple Homekit ?
    2. Are you going to integrate system with IFTTT ?
    3. Add a customize sound for Push ?
    4. Fix an empty box for messages in iPhone app ?
    5. Fix not responding "Button" device ?
    6. Sell working Thermostat with no bugs ?
    7. Fix HC2 problem with all leds "on" except last blinking one after power failture ?
    10. Release an iPhone app that looks good ? 
    11. Fix better widgets reacting on iPhone (sometimes widgets are not responding while app working great) ?
    12. Read state of power failure could be great feature ?
    13. H.264 cameras ?
    14. Add "else" in block scenes ?

15. GPS draining battery problem

16. Presence of household members (GPS or WiFi logs ?)

Can we expect something more than "we are working on this" ;) ?

+1 to all of this.. H.264 cameras... Logitech Scene status... my god how is this one still an issue in 2018.

I will ask something different. Roadmaps are for internal use. We, as customers need ACTION. So please go and deliver what ever is ready and FIX what is broken. So simple.

On 3/13/2018 at 3:57 PM, ocollus said:

Are you going to integrate HC2 (HC3 ?) with Apple Homekit ?

as far as I know - never. 

EULA, etc from Apple.