Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Single Switch response time

Fraz76

Hi, my single Switches  have a very slow response time. After I open property window and show serial, for some seconds response time is very good. After a lot of time return slow (from 1 to 5 seconds, sometimes 7 seconds) I have Apple TV 4K as hub in the same room of switches (4x4mt)

All device are on ios11 and the response time is the same without hub. 

Other compeditor devices as Elgato energy modules have a response time max of 1-2 seconds.

i attached a video. Are you work on a firmware update to fix this?

Please login or register to see this link.

thanks 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

Hi @Fraz76!

Thank you for your report and video!

First, I would like to address the fact that our Single Switches operates via Bluetooh, and Elgato Energy works via WiFi, just as our FIBARO Wall Plug (HomeKit).

It is visible for WiFi devices to be more responsive.

As far as your video is concerned, there are many factors to consider. 

How far is the Apple TV from those switches, I've seen that the closer you are to a bluetooth device, the faster it responds. 

• Topic Author
  • Hi @I.Srodka ,

thanks for your reply.

-Eve energy is BLE only, exactly as Fibaro single switch. 

-My single switches are in the same room of ATV4K, and the room is only 4x4mt.

Yes, my mistake Eve Energy is BT as well. I had Koogeek Smart Plug in mind.

41 minutes ago, Fraz76 said:

-Eve energy is BLE only, exactly as Fibaro single switch. 

But still, to be fair, our switch is probably slightly more isolated by the walls ; )

I will forward your concerns to our engineers and they will check whether there is anything that they can fix.

• Topic Author
  •  

I do not think it's an installation problem. The switches are in the junction boxes adjacent to the external plastic cover at a maximum 2 or 3 meters from the Apple TV. I never have connection problems, but only slow response times on the first connection / command. After opening the properties window, the connection remains active and the response times are short for a few seconds as I showed at the end of the video.

thanks again for your support

• 1 month later...

Is Fibaro Homekit using the new iOS11 BT architecture?

Please login or register to see this link.

With the iOS 11 architecture you can now immediately triggers automations through your home hub running tvOS 11, so you can enjoy fast switching of all of your HomeKit-enabled accessories with just a touch of your finger – there should be practically no difference in behavior when compared to an IP-based accessory.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

@I.Srodka Do you have any plans on a firmware update to speed up the single switches? I have another product that was just as laggy but after a firmware update it now has almost zero latency. 

I have installed 5 Homekit Single Switches amd the response time is just not very good, even if the ATV is right next to the switch. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's an iOS app named 'HomeScan' which I find it useful as it allows understanding of the BLE signal strength and a simple 'assessment' whether the signal strength is excellent, good, fair, weak, bad, etc.