Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

More Firmware updates coming?

Chris84

Question

I just got a Fibaro Heat controller with a zway controller/(Razberry). I have read here that I can not update the firmware in this setting.
My The Heat is running Firmware 4.0.  Nobody I know has a HC 2/HCL to update my Heat controller.
The Interview process for The Heat fails, but I can use setpoint, and (sadly) this combined with the good userinterface makes it still the best Heat controller around for z-wave so far.

So my question here, what can you recommend me to do:  
Is the firmware 4.0 already good enough?
or should I send The Heat in to the shop for an update to 4.3? 
or is it not worth it because more firmware updates are on the way?

5 answers to this question

My advise... wait a month or so and follow the topics on this forum. More improvements are coming... BTW Fibaro never discusses future updates on the forum. But after release, users will review them...

2 hours ago, Chris84 said:

I just got a Fibaro Heat controller with a zway controller/(Razberry). I have read here that I can not update the firmware in this setting.
My The Heat is running Firmware 4.0.  Nobody I know has a HC 2/HCL to update my Heat controller.
The Interview process for The Heat fails, but I can use setpoint, and (sadly) this combined with the good userinterface makes it still the best Heat controller around for z-wave so far.

So my question here, what can you recommend me to do:  
Is the firmware 4.0 already good enough?
or should I send The Heat in to the shop for an update to 4.3? 
or is it not worth it because more firmware updates are on the way?

If you're going to buy more fibaro modules i will advise to buy a secondhand hcl. so you can update the modules when needed.

if this is the only module you will buy, sent it back and buy another brand

• Inquirer
  • I do already own several Fibaro modules. Actually I prefer the brand for so far having the best quality. e.g. other wall plugs seem to have thyristors built in uncapable of switching little loads. This is not a problem with Fibaro.
    So I am thinking about getting a HCL.

Even if HCL remains a good choice, If you entend on extending your zwave network or already have few devices, it may be interesting to jump into an HC2, it will allows you developing your scripts with LUA what is not the case of the HCL. take your time and have a look into the forum, there are plainly of post talking about the HCL vs HC2 pros and cons, 

• Inquirer
  • I do like Lua... and it would be an easy interface to write simple code. Also the nice interface and voice control sound intriguing.

But not only appears the HC2 to cost rouhtly 5 times more than the Razberry I already have, which is working rather well...

Most important I read reports on multiple websites that  the HC2 interface has google analytics built in.

Also afaik voice control can not be done on a home machine, so this would also flow out of the house, so I wouldn't use that anyway.
    For my home automation I do have some expectations in privacy  Fibaro (and most other manufacturers) do not match.