Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Satisfied with fibaro ?

john1312143

I haven't bought anything yet. Still living with this SmartThings garbage.  There doesn't seem to be any good solutions out there (out of the box).  If someone came up with one, they'd be rich!

• Like 1

Agree with DennisDM. System not stable. Support is terrible. No service/operational stability mindset (only best efforts). And that creates a huge risk if you integrate into the core of your home. And a huge number of support requests from your family. Countless scars on my back...

6 hours ago, aWanderer said:

I haven't bought anything yet. Still living with this SmartThings garbage.  There doesn't seem to be any good solutions out there (out of the box).  If someone came up with one, they'd be rich!

In short HA is WIP and no standard is mature and widespread enough to make it truly plug an play and smooth sailing. And yes Fibaro has improved - but they needed to  and still will if they are to stay in the game.

Do You want to play? 

On 5/21/2018 at 10:24 PM, DennisDM said:

dont buy Fibaro. Communication with issues is bad. Are not open. Old zwave standard. Fgt-001 products about half a year still with a lot of bugs and problems. 

Communication could be much better, same as development..

Funny to see last period there Re less beta versions coming out... Would the CEO maybe have taken my open letter in the back of his mind? 

i came from having nothing to purchasing the HC2 (because there is no migration from lite), i went for a silly amount of devices etc and after all this purchase i have to say i am satisfied with the fibaro devices but really disappointed with the HC2. apart from it not being z wave plus the biggest gripe i have is the buggy firmware updates, the poor plugin support and if the hc2 was to fail there is no way to backup and restore it onto another hc. 

however after saying that the vera and homeseer etc the gui is not something my wife and kids can use.

• Topic Author
  • Exactly i want to purchase fibaro hc2 but after some time of reading this forum seems to me this solusion so buggy, i'm considering also homey but when you open their forum it looks same as here, so maybe there is no better right now that fibaro

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, john1312143 said:

Exactly i want to purchase fibaro hc2 but after some time of reading this forum seems to me this solusion so buggy, i'm considering also homey but when you open their forum it looks same as here, so maybe there is no better right now that fibaro

Hmm... never heard of Homey before. Looks interesting.  Yea, I've decided to stay with Samsung for now. I'm not buying into another pile of problems and disappointment.

I read a few negative comments in this thread, to be honest I'm quite happy with the Fibaro products! (HC2 and +/- 25 sensors, switches and dimmers). Haven't had any crash, but I am careful with adding new scenes and test them thoroughly before adding more. One important thing before you start: you need to know what you're doing, otherwise you will get frustrated. I started with a Razberry setup, from which I learned a lot. (that setup wasn't stable at all though :P)

There is always room for improvement (e.g. UI looks bit old fashioned in my opinion), but for now I'm definitely satisfied with Fibaro and would certainly not call it buggy.

• 4 months later...

My advice would be to understand the Z Wave network and how it works first then to build a healthy mesh network in your home and Fibaro is a great product !