Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

2N Helio IP intercom

fdsjkl

Question

Has anyone ever tried to integrate 2N Helio IP intercom with Fibaro home app? Can you unlock door/ gate?

I've searched this forum and google with no luck:(

Not keen to pull the trigger on the Fibaro doorbell after seeing all these problems people are reporting.

BTW, with the Fibaro doorbell, do you have to control it with the new app or can you answer, unlock with the Fibaro home app?

Thanks

15 answers to this question

2 hours ago, fdsjkl said:

Do you have to control it with the new app or can you answer, unlock with the Fibaro home app?

Nope you can't in the current version.

The Fibaro home app (iPad) only allows to see the video stream, voice communication with the visitor is not possible.

Yes I have and I can also get the door to open (unlock).  Took me a while to get it going but I'm happy to share my setup and what I did if you're still interested. 

Regarding 2N. I would probably use Fibaro plugin for 2N and Linphone app. Then Fibaro would act as SIP server. Regarding Linphone, see

Please login or register to see this link.

Or you could use original 2N app.

Fibaro Intercom is app dedicated to Fibaro intercom only.

• Inquirer
  • On 8/27/2018 at 7:16 AM, koolace said:

Yes I have and I can also get the door to open (unlock).  Took me a while to get it going but I'm happy to share my setup and what I did if you're still interested. 

Hi,

I just bought the 2N IP Force with cam and button. I could really use some help from you.

Thanks

• Inquirer
  • On 9/3/2018 at 5:29 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Regarding 2N. I would probably use Fibaro plugin for 2N and Linphone app. Then Fibaro would act as SIP server. Regarding Linphone, see

Or you could use original 2N app.

Fibaro Intercom is app dedicated to Fibaro intercom only.

I'm able to setup using this guide and get alert on my phone, but this method lacks the ability to unlock the electric lock. Any other alternative?

Thanks

1 minute ago, fdsjkl said:

I'm able to setup using this guide and get alert on my phone, but this method lacks the ability to unlock the electric lock.

Did you tried to set DTMF in 2N?

4 minutes ago, fdsjkl said:

Any other alternative? 

Original 2N app.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Just now, jakub.jezek said:

Did you tried to set DTMF in 2N?

Original 2N app.

Thanks for the fast reply.

The reason I want to avoid the 2N app is I don't want to pay the annual subscription. But if it works, I'll bite the bullet, already signed the 30 day trial.

I didn't make myself clear, my unit doesn't come with a keypad, it's just cam+1 button. When I say unlock the door, I meant unlock it from the SIP client app.

1 minute ago, fdsjkl said:

When I say unlock the door, I meant unlock it from the SIP client app.

That is why i asked you about DTMF. What it does it unlock via keypad in Linphone app, regardless having keypad or not.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Just now, jakub.jezek said:

That is why i asked you about DTMF. What it does it unlock via keypad in Linphone app, regardless having keypad or not.

Oh, didn't realize that, I'll give it a go now. Thansk

• Inquirer
  • 26 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

This works! Really appreciate it.

While I can't fault the Linphone setup, I can't help but feel I'm cheated into buying this 2N intercom after seeing tutorials and demos of people answering the call from within the Fibaro app(Helios Gold plug in), now Fibaro have their own intercom and dropped this function.

On the other side, I simply assumed 2N would have their FREE native app at least for LAN communication like mostly other intercoms. And they want to charge minimum 50 euro per year for their LAN/cloud function, since you can't just buy 1 license, that way you won't be able to answer the damn thing from any device that doesn't have a license.

23 minutes ago, fdsjkl said:

This works! Really appreciate it.

Glad it works.

23 minutes ago, fdsjkl said:

I can't help but feel I'm cheated into buying this 2N intercom after seeing tutorials and demos of people answering the call from within the Fibaro app(Helios Gold plug in), now Fibaro have their own intercom and dropped this function.

You mean those 2015/early 2016 videos? I have tested 2N with old Fibaro intercom app. Yes, Fibaro droped it (i do not remeber reason), but Linphone is full replacement with even more functions.

25 minutes ago, fdsjkl said:

On the other side, I simply assumed 2N would have their FREE native app at least for LAN communication like mostly other intercoms. And they want to charge minimum 50 euro per year for their LAN/cloud function, since you can't just buy 1 license, that way you won't be able to answer the damn thing from any device that doesn't have a license.

I think its there with gold licence or atleast with Verso for LAN communication. I'm able to communicate with 2N IP Verso via their own app (tested 4-6 months ago).

• Inquirer
  • 31 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Glad it works.

You mean those 2015/early 2016 videos? I have tested 2N with old Fibaro intercom app. Yes, Fibaro droped it (i do not remeber reason), but Linphone is full replacement with even more functions.

I think its there with gold licence or atleast with Verso for LAN communication. I'm able to communicate with 2N IP Verso via their own app (tested 4-6 months ago).

I tried both on android and ios version of 2N Mobile Video, the only option is to login(with their cloud service), how did you manage to do that? My devices comes with Gold license(checked the license tab).

While playing with different apps and settings, I found that you'll need to leave the Linphone app running and screen turned on to get any notification on both iPhone and iPad,  can't even get notification while I'm running other apps, is there a work around?

My goal is to mount three iPad connected to AC power on the wall through the house running Apple Home app 24/7(homebridge + HC2).

Edited by fdsjkl

4 minutes ago, fdsjkl said:

While playing with different apps and settings, I found that you'll need to leave the Linphone app running and screen turned on to get any notification on both iPhone and iPad,  can't even get notification while I'm running other apps, is there a work around?

Can you check if in the app is something, that would go with TCP instead of UDP? What i know, it could be issue on Apple devices as apps cannot run in the background.

• Inquirer
  • 19 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Can you check if in the app is something, that would go with TCP instead of UDP? What i know, it could be issue on Apple devices as apps cannot run in the background.

In "more options" in Linphone, there is an options "transport" that I changed from UDP to TCP, still no notification unless the app in running in foreground:(

On the bright side, I found the old unsupported 2N app from App Store, it works perfectly in LAN environment:)

Really appreciate your help answering all these noob questions, I won't be able to have everything setup by now if it's not for you.

9 minutes ago, fdsjkl said:

Really appreciate your help answering all these noob questions, I won't be able to have everything setup by now if it's not for you.

No problem. I know, that SIP is not easy one.

9 minutes ago, fdsjkl said:

On the bright side, I found the old unsupported 2N app from App Store, it works perfectly in LAN environment:)

Cool

11 minutes ago, fdsjkl said:

In "more options" in Linphone, there is an options "transport" that I changed from UDP to TCP, still no notification unless the app in running in foreground:(

I've checked ports on HC2 (via Advanced IP scanner) and it shows TCP. Maybe Linphone support could know something about iOS app not working in background.