Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

trying to update Firmware on RGBW modules

rajp

Question

I have 2 RGBW modules which are in the kitchen and are on firmware 22.22. I get notified that new firmware is available. However, every time I try to update it, it comes back after a minute or so saying Update Interrupted - device connection lost. try again. Now as the relays are in a different room, how do I get this to update as I can't remove the relays and bring them closer to the HC2 nor can I move the HC2 to closer to the relays. Is there a way around this or do I have to just accept the fact that the distance betweent the 2 will always prevent the update from succeding??

Please login or register to see this attachment.

16 answers to this question

I got the same problem with a RGBW module. Tried updating xxx times with the same result.

I have found that if you persist - including rebooting HC2 after multiple failed attempts eventually I can get all my devices to update - And some of my devices including RGBW are about 20 meters away from my HC2 including walls in-between. 

Fibaro RGBW module has chip Z-Wave 300. In my understanding and some Fibaro mails, it should be possible to update it in direct radio visibility. Only Z-Wave Pllus devices (atleast ones made by Fibaro) should be able to be updated even with retranslation.

• Inquirer
  • I gave up on trying to update the firmware.. It is working as expected so not gonna bother now until Fibaro can confirm that it will be easy to update...

I have exactly the same issue, I have moved my HC2 to within 5 feet line of sight and still I get the same error message. does anyone know how we can get support rather than posting on a forum to never receiving an answer?

I have also been struggeling with update dozens of times, sometimes abort after 2-3% and other times close to 50%. Today, I did a "Reconfigure device" and the firmware update went thru on first attempt afterwards. This update was from version 25.25 to 26.25.

i can also confirm, that full RGBW reconfiguration solved the problem. Sucessfully  updated from version 25.25 to 26.25

I know this is an old thread, but I was having the same issue with updating - and the device was less than 30cm from the controller.  Doing a full reconfiguration first, then immediate update has worked for me too.

A full reconfiguration will reset what? The Device ID? The room assignment? Associations? Device name? 

Will a "soft reconfiguration" do the trick? I have the same issue as those above, and would hate to have to completely redefine ID etc., while soft reconfig avoids that. Has anybody tried?

it will reset everything.. Fibaro will assign new device id, and room assignment or any associations will be lost..

But I'm also having the problem with the firmware update and the error still persists even with a full reset :(

And I'm really interested to update the firmware because I don't know if there is a bug where my fibaro Rgbw turns on randomly .. 

On 12/27/2020 at 9:29 PM, BorrisTheCat said:

What is the latest firmware on these?

Like everyone else in this thread, I have not been able to update from FW 25.27 to 27.27. I have three identical RGBW units; two updated successfully, one refuses to do so. And that is the one sitting right next to the HC2...

I feel like abandoning the whole update, as things work well for now. Reconfiguring the RGBW controller is not attractive, as its device number is used both in rather complex associations and in scripts. Does anyone know the difference between 25.27 and 27.27? Is the update worth the trouble?

I have the same problem for a long time. I tried to replace the RGBW module and get the same problem. IT is located very close to the HC2 and still the firmware upgrade fails time after time (also after a hard reset)

Did anybody got a solution from Fibaro formal representative?

Ran