Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't key KeyFob into EXCLUSION mode

johnstonf

Question

I have tried a hundred times to get my new KeyFob into exclusion mode!

I have read and followed this in manual:

Removing (Exclusion) - Z-Wave device learning mode, allowing to remove the device from existing Z-Wave network. To remove the device: 1. Set the main Z-Wave controller in remove mode (see the controller’s manual). 2. Click and simultaneously. 3. Click or until LED glows green. 4. Click . 5. Wait for the removing process to end. 6. Successful removing will be confirmed by the Z-Wave controller’s message.

I also found and tried following the YouTube link:

Where is says "Click X until LED glows green" mine NEVER goes green, no matter how long/short i hold it.

Is there a bad batch of these?

Driving me NUTS!

2 answers to this question

Have you tried force removing it from your HC by clicking the x in the device window on the dashboard and then adding it once again?

To exclude the device, set the HC to "device, delete", starting the countdown. If the Keyfob is locked, please unlock it, wait for the green confirmation. Then press O and -, this enters the menu at step "wake up the device", the LED glows white. Press /\ to go to the next menu item: "learning mode (adding/removing)". The LED glows green. Confirm the option by pressing +. The LED blinks green to confirm deletion, red indicates failure. All this has to be done in a certain rhythm, because at each step there is a timeout, that will cancel whatever you are doing. I hope this helps.