Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Light sensor as a trigger and combined conditions

kal800

Hi, 

Have some troubles with Motion Sensor automation. My goal is to have hall lights lit when somebody moves inside and it is dark.

I tried the following steps

• setting automation using iphone’s Home app - although temp and light sensors are visible among accessories, I cannot set any automation based on them - I can only read the values of light/temp. Automation based on motion detection works just fine. 
  • using Fibaro app - added automation based on motion detection AND light less than 10 lux. Sensor shows 3 LUX, motion detector is trigerred - no action
  • using Fibaro app - added automation - if light is above 100 Lux, turn on bulb. I checked the readout - showed 3 lux, lightened it with iphone LED, readout showed 1500 Lux - no action

Probably the problem is that Homekit does not recognize temp/light as sensors. If I add temp/light based automation using Fibaro app, it shows it in Home app as device change based one, not senson based. 

Please advise, whether such automations can be run using Motion Sensor

This could be a answer to your qiestion:

from motion sensor manual:

"The Motion Sensor measures light intensity. If the measured light intensity differs from previously reported by at least 200 lux, accessory reports it to your iOS device" 

and in z-wave version of this sensor  you can change differ-value from 200 lux to any new value you like but not in homekit version, at least not in current version.

Try to make a trigger that are 200 lux more than current value when light is off.

• 8 months later...

Such automation can be set from the EVE application.
I tried to do exactly the same automation and after adding it from the Fibaro application, the lights did not turn on.
After adding such automation from the EVE application, it works correctly.

Unfortunately, as described above, the sensor reports to the control unit if the change in light intensity is greater than 200 lux and it is not possible to change this parameter.
For this reason, the light intensity sensor is practically useless, unless we hang it directly under the light bulb or put it near the window (but then it will be worse with the space for motion detection). At night, after switching on the lighting, my sensor, which is located approx. 2 meters from the bulb, shows 41 lux.