Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion sensor dont want to start wallplug in scenes

Inge

Question

I have a New HC Lite, and i have started to add Devices and setting scenes. I try first With a motion sensor, that i want to start a wall plug. I have created a scene, see photo. When i start the scene using the play button, the wall plug turn on light, and after 60 Seconds it turn off. But - when there is movement in front of the motion sensor - nothing happens, light will not turn on. Often the play button is also in pause, even if i have put X that it will not allow alarm to stop scene.

Anyone who can give me hint or tips for what i am doing wrong here?

I want the system to og on "loop" so every time the motion sensor is trigged the light will turn on.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_03/image.png.10e2fa13d2ffd845bdd75bf2e5e4ace2.png" alt="image.png.10e2fa13d2ffd845bdd75bf2e5e4ace2.png" />

Hi
I have tested a scene similar to yours and it works.

If the motion sensor is a Fibaro (the eye):
Basically, make sure that parameters 2, 6 and 8 are "Default"

If that does not help, delete the scene and write a new one.
Possibly restart HCL

• Inquirer
  • Hi hTiger1, i have tried this already...i reset the HCL Box, i disconnected the motion sensor, and Connected it again. The settings are all default. And i have made scenes several times...and it seems like it start one time, when light Close after 60 or 120 sec - it will not start again when activating the motion sensor. I think it can be something wrong With the sensor?

23 minutes ago, Inge said:

I think it can be something wrong With the sensor?

Hi!

Don't jump to conclusions. 

can you answer me on one simple question?

Are there changes the picture of your "eye" when motion and no motion in Web UI.

xXGOVWptp2.png

Edited by 10der

• Inquirer
  • Hi, thank you for answer. If i change arm/disarm in web - there is no changes in the motion sensor ball. This is what it looks like here

/monthly_2018_03/image.png.385d9a37b5f0b2f89f9222fbf723f6c2.png" alt="image.png.385d9a37b5f0b2f89f9222fbf723f6c2.png" />

no. I am asking not about "arm/disarm". but I can see "a minute ago" - its mean what device works properly. 

if the device has motion - can you see "A few seconds ago" label?

• Inquirer
  • Hi again, thank you. No, i can not see "a few Seconds ago"...for example here you can see - 11 minutes ago, but i reconnected the motion sensor...and left it - just have been trying to move in front of it to see if there is a result - but no. Tha lamps inside are flashing, but it will not update in web and dont start the wall plug...So if i just leave it, and dont update or change something - it stay like this no matter how much movements there are in front of it :-)

image.png.361abb72322ac7a474d256af4f2d613c.png

Hmm.. 

sorry, I forgot what you said: what is your device name? 

can you reset your device to default (holding Z-Button on a long time)?

• Inquirer
  • The control unit is HCL (Home Center Lite) and the motion sensor is a Fibaro FGMS-001 (standard ball model)

I can try to reset it - but in the user manual it is referred to the "B-button" under the cover...and i need to press it 3 times and disconnect it. Is that what you mean?

• Inquirer
  • Yes, i am doing this now...it was an option in the user manual.

I will add it again and try :-)

image.png.2925323e54b918ae65e1419b2ea8ea89.png

Well, MAYBE - it seems to work now, another reset could probably help. I will leave it and make some tests during the evening. But, i see the sensors are waiting to Wake up - but seems to work. Do you know why they show this?

image.png.8177a2bf728a81c7a240b5b71bb3a3ab.png

Wake up. one (or two?) clicks

and last question: can you now see "eye" when motion?

Hi
    On mine is wake up, 3 clicks, very fast after each other, or wait until the Wake up interval has passed. :)

• Inquirer
  • Thank you hTiger and 10der - a hard reset seems to have solved the problem. Its working now - and i will continut to put Dimmer2 in my 3 zones in the living room. Just a small question if you know, you helped me a lot yesterday and i understand Your experience is far better than mine for now (but i am Learning) 

My question; i have a lamp i want to Control by the clock, turn on f eks 20.00 and off 02.00 - what do i need and how can i program this, can a wall plug be programmed for this option? :-) 

• Inquirer
  • Hi again, i have another question :-) I am trying to set up a door sensor - Connected to a wall plug, so when the door opens the light in the wall plug lights up - and when the door Closes - the light turns off. What will be the correct scene there, i mean - no matter what i choose from the options, when the door opens the light will not turn on...if i activate "play" button in the Control panel, the light turns on. Maybe you can give me some ideas what is wrong With this? :-)

Also the other way - when the door Closes - its the same...no matter what settings i have - the light will not turn off...so i have to ask you guys again :-)

image.png.01ebc59508a6ab9a5164ddeb38f2d2ae.png

image.png.3a9eac3afdd776d40f67f6eb0f04098e.png

Hi
    2 scenes it works.

Off

/monthly_2018_04/capture20180406184608818.png.2120e7adff4984fd05f17d5ab9e7362d.png" alt="capture20180406184608818.png.2120e7adff4984fd05f17d5ab9e7362d.png" />

On

capture20180406184627392.png.8350b9da4cf194a9c96dc908037ffe6e.png

Both

capture20180406184655903.png.319b1b8c765b0b889c602e50ae683644.png

• Inquirer
  • I found out of it :-) I removed the sensor one more time, took out the battery, put it back in, and Connected the sensor. I made sure the tampering sensor was closed all the time - and then, it seemed to Connect and it is now in Place :-)

Kind regards, Inge

Hei, thank you for answer :-) i have made the settings like you recommended...But when the door opens or Closes the wallplug will not turn the light on. If i press "play" on both scenes, the lights turns on and off. I have tried to remove/delete the Device (door sensor) and add it again too - but no. I am not suere here what could possibly be wrong...you have any more ideas?

image.png.d1a97eb5b7f0ff7f6bc7ef442d1ab853.png

Turn ON scene:

image.png.f55986828f5c03a5862869cb0690a2f7.png

Turn off scene:

image.png.f57a1b90907c1223da97bf42910ee0ea.png

Edited by Inge

Hi

Are you sure that the magnet activates the sensor, in the devices section, can you see it being activated?
    When you click on the scene manually, you can see that the scene is running an instance, what does it do when you open / close the door?

• Inquirer
  • Hi, thank you for answer. I found out of it :-) I removed the sensor one more time, took out the battery, put it back in, and Connected the sensor. I made sure the tampering sensor was closed all the time - and then, it seemed to Connect and it is now in Place :-) I am using the door sensor to start a lamp inside my house, so i will not forget the garage door open...it have happened that i work outside With something, and in evenings when i go inside i want to make sure i never forget to Close the garage door. I have also the Aeotec Door Controller (z-wave) Connected now, and i can see it in the Fibaro web, and open/Close the garage door from web and app on my phone - but i can not see log when the garage door have been opened/closed (i thought that would be possible - they told me at together With Fibaro that was possible) - i need to look more carefully into this (maybe you know something about this?) See Attached photo.

Kind regards, Inge

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi
    I do not know about "Aeotec Door Controller", but there are probably some in the forum that can help.:)

• Thanks 1