Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

"Quickly, three times press the S1 switch"?

k1s

Question

I have lots of Double Switch 2 relays that I need to exclude and the re-include.  According to the manual I should be able to do this by putting the HC2 into learning mode and then "Quickly, three times press the S1 switch".  I don't seem to have any success with this at all.  All my switches are toggle (2-Way Rocker) switches. 

For clarity, does: "Quickly, three times press the S1 switch" mean the switch needs to be switched on and off three times (i.e. 6 moves of the rocker), or 3 moves of the rocker / 3 clicks of the relay - i.e." on, off, on", or what?  Neither seems to work for me. 

And what is meant by quickly?  3 times in half a second, 3 times in a 2 seconds?  

The manual also says: 

In case of problems with adding/removing using S1 switch, use B-button instead (located on the housing)

I also can seem to get this to work

Does the load/light need to be activated 3 times or the button just pressed 3 times?  If I click 3 times as fast as possible, sometimes the light doesn't come on, sometimes it does, but none of relays I've yet tried this on seems to work .

Could somebody give some guidance please.

14 answers to this question

You need to have the fibaro module close to your HC when you do the inclusion. Direkt contact!

• Inquirer
  • Do you mean closer than any other Z-Wave device?  That's going to be tricky

Exactly. Its in the manual. I was furius when it didnt work for me. Put out the unit closer to The HC and it worked :)

Edited by sonnyboy

• Inquirer
  • I now have the HC2 40cm away - still won't removing doesn't work.

• Inquirer
  • Just now, hTiger1 said:

3 times in a 1 seconds! :) 

Thanks, do you mean lights on and off 3 times?  The relay doesn't respond that quickly.  Minimum seems to be about 1.5-2 seconds.

• Inquirer
  • Just now, hTiger1 said:

Hi

You'll probably need to use the b button. :)

That's even slower to respond.  It needs at least 2.5 seconds (assuming it is necessary for the load/light to come on? each press)

If you use the B-button, just click it three times in a row - click, click, click.

Disregard what the lights do.

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, marcwau said:

If you use the B-button, just click it three times in a row - click, click, click.

Disregard what the lights do.

Unfortunately that didn't work either.

Eventually, by chance the response of the relay was in sync with my rapid switching and the first exclusion/inclusion worked.  17 more t=o go.  At this rate it's going to take hours.

2 hours ago, k1s said:

Unfortunately that didn't work either.

Eventually, by chance the response of the relay was in sync with my rapid switching and the first exclusion/inclusion worked.  17 more t=o go.  At this rate it's going to take hours.

@k1s, what firmware are you on? I had this exact issue including and excluding on 4.170. I ended up restoring to 4.162 Beta to stabilise the system and allow me to include/ exclude devices again.

@k1s

On + Off = 1 toggle. Repeat 3 times, so 6 movements.

Don't go to fast. Just like 1 toggle just under 1 sec.
    Ignore effects on the lights.

To prevent disconnecting all devices to take them to the HC2,

take the HC2 temporarily close to the devices within a few meters.

• Inquirer
  • I just got a helpful response from Fibaro Support

Hello,
    Thanks for your e-mail.

1) B-button:
    “The b-button should be pressed with the same frequency” means that you need to press b-button 3 times with similar time period between clicks (with constant speed). Of course you will need to feel this frequency (it may take few attempts, before you find correct frequency).

Basically you need to press b-button 3x times click right after click.

2) In case of toggle switches 3x clicks means 3 state changes, so you need to change state of device 3x times quiclky:
    a) Turn on and quickly turn off
    b) Turn on and quickly turn off
    c) Turn on
    It should be enough, but this must be done quickly (without any stops between state changing).