Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro APP design

Viljam

Question

Hi,

does any one knows when Fibaro re-design their very UGLY app ? Its like 5-6 years they use same layout and design which from product and UX design is very poor compared with whats out today from other companies. Personally i like the system but the UX and design is soo bad that i dont want to put such app on the wall at home :D  

Thanks

V

• Like 1

New version is available for beta testers in google play. Im going to try it...

Still not available in Apple store. The GUI is quite nice, let's hope is fully working.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

52 minutes ago, Igy said:

New version is available for beta testers in google play. Im going to try it...

Where do you see this beta/option to try? I don’t see that option on Google Play Store detail page. Could that be region-based?(I live in NL, you live in Slovakia?)

The new app for iOS is available:

Please login or register to see this link.

It looks like a new app and not an update.

1 hour ago, MathijsdB said:

Where do you see this beta/option to try? I don’t see that option on Google Play Store detail page. Could that be region-based?(I live in NL, you live in Slovakia?)

I'm in the beta testing program, I think a few months ago I asked Fibaro to include me in it in some occasion.

OK, so far it seems to be huge step back for more complex installations. No heating settings, no camera support yet and the way how to navigate to specific device is little bit  more complicated than before.

9 minutes ago, Joep said:

The new app for iOS is available:

It looks like a new app and not an update.

Installed and working...

Looks a 1000 times better then the old app... it is not perfect bit I hope this time, Fibaro will update the app every month or so...

I can connect with my Fibaro ID, but the controller is not configured. I think I have to update to the newest firmware?

1 minute ago, Joep said:

I can connect with my Fibaro ID, but the controller is not configured. I think I have to update to the newest firmware?

Hmm, camera's not supported, Virtual devices not supported (buttons that is....)
Sorry, I have to switch back to the old app, need VD's..

1 minute ago, Vinisz said:

Hmm, camera's not supported, Virtual devices not supported (buttons that is....)
Sorry, I have to switch back to the old app, need VD's..

I saw it too. I think this is the very first version that they'll complete until all functions are transferred from old app. New design is a huge improvement though, can't wait for desktop client to have this layout too. Design/layout was only major issue of Fibaro for me, glad that they're working on it.

23 minutes ago, MathijsdB said:

I saw it too. I think this is the very first version that they'll complete until all functions are transferred from old app. New design is a huge improvement though, can't wait for desktop client to have this layout too. Design/layout was only major issue of Fibaro for me, glad that they're working on it.

OK, you got it working, can you please disclose how?, we "others" are stuck on the not-configured page.
Are you running the Beta?
OK got it, RTFM!, the manual WAS for the new app :-)

Edited by Soft

4 minutes ago, Soft said:

OK, you got it working, can you please disclose how?, we "others" are stuck on the not-configured page.
Are you running the Beta?

No nothing special, I just had to update my Home Center 2 to version 4.530, which was a regular update.

No widgets for iOS + WatchOS either. I assume it will take a few months before we get all functionality that old app has. For me the absence of Virtual Device functions is the reason for not using this new app yet, I'll start using it as soon as Virtual Device support is ready.

I did upgrade, and changed password so it would be the same for web and HW.
Now i cant log on onto the ipad in the living room, "wrong user/password" and it is NOT ! ghrr

1 hour ago, Vinisz said:

Installed and working...

Looks a 1000 times better then the old app... it is not perfect bit I hope this time, Fibaro will update the app every month or so...

I prefer functionality before design and Im not sure whether this new layout will provide same comfort as the old one. Too much scrolling is needed, missing overview page where you can see consumption and status of all rooms etc...

downloaded the app.. was happy at first but all my custom icons are not showing. I just see names and a bunch of questionmarks. The old app shows all the icons i created (128x128 PNG's) Anyone else with this problem?

1 minute ago, ls789 said:

downloaded the app.. was happy at first but all my custom icons are not showing. I just see names and a bunch of questionmarks. The old app shows all the icons i created (128x128 PNG's) Anyone else with this problem?

Yes, me too.