• Announcements

• T.Konopka

DOWNLOADS - new way of sharing solutions!   01/17/18

Dear users, We want you to have a great time here on the Forum, therefore, we are introducing a new tool for sharing solutions! DOWNLOADS - a system of file sharing for all of you. DOWNLOADS - support topics - this is a new category for support topics. Check the short guide for Downloads on how to add a solution (all files have to be approved).   Crowd's Solutions will be closed for new submissions, but still open for replies in remaining topics. We ask the authors of the solutions to add their solutions to Downloads with the link to the topic at the top of the description. We will merge the support topic with the one from Crowd's Solutions.   If you have any questions, feel free to ask our administrators - @T.Konopka and @I.Srodka!
    • T.Konopka

DOWNLOADS - nowy sposób dzielenia się rozwiązaniami!   01/17/18

Szanowni użytkownicy, Chcemy, abyście świetnie spędzali czas na Forum, dlatego przedstawiamy wam nowe narzędzie do dzielenia się rozwiązaniami! DOWNLOADS - system dodawania i pobierania plików. DOWNLOADS - support topics - to jest nowa kategoria z tematami wsparcia. Sprawdźcie przewodnik dla Downloads, aby wiedzieć jak dodać rozwiązanie (wszystkie pliki muszą zostać zatwierdzone).   Rozwiązania Społeczności zostaną zamknięte dla nowych tematów, jednak tematy już wczęśniej dodane będą nadal dostępne. Prosimy autorów rozwiązań do przenoszenia ich do Downloads - prosimy o dodanie linkiem do tematu na górze opisu. Połączymy wtedy temat wsparcia z tematem z Rozwiązań Społeczności.   W przypadku pytań, prosimy o kontaktowanie się z administratorami - @T.Konopka and @I.Srodka. (Rozwiązania mogą być dodawane w języku polskim!)
    • T.Konopka

Technical Support Helpline - May Holidays   04/23/18

Dear users, We would like to inform you that due to incoming holidays in Poland on 30th of April and on 1st and 3rd of May our Technical Support helpline will not be available. We apologize for the inconvenience. Sincerely, FIBARO Team
    • T.Konopka

Linia Wsparcia Technicznego - Majówka   04/23/18

Drodzy użytkownicy, W związku z nadchodzącą majówką, 30 kwietnia oraz 1 i 3 maja linia Wsparcia Technicznego nie będzie dostępna. Za utrudnienia serdecznie przepraszamy. Z wyrazami szacunku, Zespół FIBARO
Ralph

Feature request: Allow to save password in browser

Hi,

I use a number of different systems to access my Fibaro HC2 and have to type in my password over and over again. There is no option to 'remember the password', and the browser functionality seems to be disabled by design. I do NOT want to use a 3rd party solution (such as lastpass etc.) to remember my passwords, I use the built-in functionality in the Edge browser to my satisfaction and this works for all - if not most - websites and it synchronizes across all of my devices. I am sure all other browsers will do the same perfectly fine without any add-on. I use a long, generated password (as I always do), but without the browser helping me out it gets annoying really quickly. So I usually leave a browser window open if there is stuff to do (which is just as insecure as any auto-login) and am thinking to change my password to the most simple version (which is even worse).

I understand that Fibaro is committed to keeping your domotica system safe, someone else opening your garagedoor would be a problem. But I really do feel that it is up to the user.. So my suggestion would be to add a system setting to 'Allow saving password in browser'. This will allow Fibaro to issue a warning on turning-on the option, and accommodate users like me who feel they have a tight enough system.

Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to hearing from Fibaro how they feel about this issue.

Regards,

Ralph.

I have my password saved in Mozzila Firefox, as well in Google Chrome.

• Topic Author
  • On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, Bodyart said:

I have my password saved in Mozzila Firefox, as well in Google Chrome.

Without any add-on?

I tried Internet Explorer just to be sure.. both it and Edge support saving passwords but don't in the case of my homecenter page. Installing a different browser is no option here.

It's a std. function in most, maybe all browsers, so no addons are needed :-)

image.png.1fbae5cd338e09aae80a2780f985b8d9.png

See above example in Google chrome. In firefox and other browsers the same. You just have to tell your browsers to save your registrations/log-ins..

• Like 1

Hi @Ralph ,

I'm using

Please login or register to see this link.

to remember all passwords (15+ characters) i'm using. It's an addon for Mozzila Firefox, MS Edge and Chrome (those are browsers i'm using).

Regards,

Jakub