Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Stop ringing or cancel call action?

kroeatschge

Question

Hi guys,

is there a way to stop the ringing or cancel the call using lua or an api call?

Sometimes I just walk to the door and open it. But the intercom keeps ringing. 

Thanks

10 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • hey guys,

I have to ask here again. I still encounter this issue. Maybe someone has solved this already.

That's what is happening:

1. someone rings at the intercom at the front door
    2. All connected iPhones, the tablet and the intercom start to play the ringing sound
    3. I check who it is at my android tablet which is running "the home remote" software
    4. I press a button there to open the door using a web call to the intercom plugin on my HC2
    5. The doors is opened by the intercom
    6. Guests and myself enter the room
    7. The phones, tablet and intercom keep ringing until it eventually times out 30-45 Sekonds later.
      Mmeanwhile you feel like you are in a bad disco with all devices ringing in different sounds at the same time and high volume.

So my question is: how can I stop the rining or cancel the call from the intercom.

In an ideal smart home the ringing would stop when i open the door through intercom, but it doesn't.

I didn't find anything usefull in the property inspector in HC2 Lua editor of the device. Still I hope there is a solution for this.

@tinman maybe? Any undocumented actions that I could call?

BR - kro

hi @kroeatschge, you're right a real disco :) I do agree with you when we take a call with on device, or release the door, all devices have to stop ringing. 

Unfortunately I didn't found any solution and I can't help on that one, but I'm following the post ;) 

@tinman maybe? Any undocumented actions that I could call?

give me week or two … ok? currently i'm busy with other things ^^ 

I am not sure is it connected or not, but I have strange problem on Android app, it starts rining by itself (even if notifications are off, nobody at door/did press the button, and sound is changed to other music (but default still played) and phone is in DND mode), and is rinning, only if I do force-stop of Fibaro Andorid App, it stops.
    It happens, about 2-3 times per day, at random times... (nobody for sure was near the button to ring it)...

No

I emailed support and they say not possible to stop ringing action but said would forward the idea to the correct team for consideration.

Hi, any fix coming for this ? When the relay button is pressed / activated, all ringing (on intercom and phones) should stop. 

• Inquirer
  • Hi there,

i contacted support again regarding this topic.

They say the problem is "minimized and fixed". But the intercom has to be reset and setup again.

Yes, the problem has been minimized through some fixed and re-installation could help.

Can anyone confirm that this is working?

bR - Christian

19 minutes ago, kroeatschge said:

Hi there,

i contacted support again regarding this topic.

They say the problem is "minimized and fixed". But the intercom has to be reset and setup again.

Can anyone confirm that this is working?

bR - Christian

I can confirm that support is aware of issue and "still working on it" with no any update in past 6 months..

• Like 1