Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to Connect Nest Thermostat

Shady Hamilton

Question

Dear All,

This is my First topic here, i am moving from Vera to Fibaro, I always wondered which one is the better controller, so I have to have hands on i guess to know which one is the better...

My first issue is my Nest Thermostat controllers, i have two of them, i read around the forum that there used to be a plug in but it is stopped by Fibaro to be updated or something, and I contacted Fibaro support, they said they are not going to work on the Nest plug-in because they are working on their own thermostat, so they don't want to support Nest in a way....

so my question is, since Nest is one of the most popular thermostat controller, did anybody find a way to connect Nest thermstat to Fibaro HC2 please?

Many thanks,

Shady

When I look in my Nest App,  have also before IFTTT for reading Nest system, I remove everything and start with al clean install in the App.

After comment the Error in the scene what you deed, Create a new Pincode with the Nest URL and the new connection are visible in the App (Works with Nest) Push ones "Get/Set Pin in the VD)

After that, it works:-) Yea.....

Edited by twanve

Works for me too now, I changed the clientID and secret to one I created but that doesn't work.

Looks like we are using Luckas his api. If he pulls it we're in trouble I think.

Jim

It seems his Acces_Token. It's not possible any more to create a new developers key by Nest.

New accounts are not accepted:-(

Edited by twanve

On 2/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, twanve said:

When I look in my Nest App,  have also before IFTTT for reading Nest system, I remove everything and start with al clean install in the App.

After comment the Error in the scene what you deed, Create a new Pincode with the Nest URL and the new connection are visible in the App (Works with Nest) Push ones "Get/Set Pin in the VD)

After that, it works:-) Yea.....

Did you set the port under the IP address of the VD?

I see Thermostat data received under the scene, but the VD will not show the values...

Set no IP or port in the VD.
(in VD, set Scene ID & in Scene, set VD ID)

1 hour ago, twanve said:

Nothing changed after removing the IP, so I decided to delete the whole VD and scene.

After recreating them, I have a worse situation, it now says: Error host not found (authoritative)... :-(

12 hours ago, lcseh said:

Nothing changed after removing the IP, so I decided to delete the whole VD and scene.

After recreating them, I have a worse situation, it now says: Error host not found (authoritative)... :-(

You sure that in the Scene, disable the last pice of code. See text from @jimicr

Maybe the License key from Lucas are disabled for new Nest devices

17 hours ago, twanve said:

The 'error = function(status)' part is disabled, as that stops the whole scene and ends up in a processing error. Now it stops when it tries to get the thermostat ID, so it must be something with the keys, I guess.

Strange is, that it should have had the same content for the scene before I deleted the old one... 

@jimicr, yes it does. I was actually wondering if that one should be deleted to "allow" space for the new instance...?

Hmm I am no expert in this, do you have multiple instances of the fibaro in works with nest?

Maybe delete them or it and start from scratch with requesting a new pin. 

Found this Nest integration (CO & Smoke Sensor) but it seems to be that the thermostat also can be integrated. 

Maybe this will help the one who can write this and has a NEST thermostat :D

Please login or register to see this link.

In other forums I see people moving to Homey.

Support for a lot of different protocols, 3rd party devices and a very good support. Maybe ... 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Sjekke