Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to Connect Nest Thermostat

Shady Hamilton

Question

Dear All,

This is my First topic here, i am moving from Vera to Fibaro, I always wondered which one is the better controller, so I have to have hands on i guess to know which one is the better...

My first issue is my Nest Thermostat controllers, i have two of them, i read around the forum that there used to be a plug in but it is stopped by Fibaro to be updated or something, and I contacted Fibaro support, they said they are not going to work on the Nest plug-in because they are working on their own thermostat, so they don't want to support Nest in a way....

so my question is, since Nest is one of the most popular thermostat controller, did anybody find a way to connect Nest thermstat to Fibaro HC2 please?

Many thanks,

Shady

• Inquirer
  • I moved back to Vera, to be honest, Fibaro is better in almost everything except 3rd party, which Vera is much better. they are compatible with most 3rd party devices and keep updating their plugins.... unlike Fibaro.....   even the ones which are supported by Fibaro like Harmony are half backed.... 

Back with the same request. As winter is arriving soon, would be very nice for Fibaro programmers to do something on NEST topic...

Is there any chance for HC2 to EVER have again nest plugin?  Or at least fibaro to provide a sincere answer for us to know what to do?

I see here a lot of very disappointed people by this approach fibaro has taken.

8 hours ago, skywalker said:

Back with the same request. As winter is arriving soon, would be very nice for Fibaro programmers to do something on NEST topic...

Is there any chance for HC2 to EVER have again nest plugin?  Or at least fibaro to provide a sincere answer for us to know what to do?

I see here a lot of very disappointed people by this approach fibaro has taken.

in short: no

This is really SAD... Every year it's the same old story.. and same old topics.

Fibaro it's iceblocked at 5 years ago. 

They haven't done any new real improvement to their system. Look at the HC2 UI... it's awkward. It looks like a website from 1999.

They will eventually loose appeal in the market.

Can you show me a better GUI from other domotica devices?

About Nest support, is nobody reading anymore, it wil never happen, because Google stopped "Works with Nest" support.

• Like 1

Update, I have asked Fibaro Tech Support again (1 year later) about NEST plugin...

Hello,
    I’m terrible sorry, but there is no known date to make any changes in NEST Plugin. I just monitored this thread in software team, but there is no guarantees for now.
    I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Is anybody using other thermostats with Fibaro HC2, maybe Netatmo? Is it possible to have two thermostats connected in parallel? It is obvious that they have killed nest plugin without any hope of bringing it back :(.....

Another six months have passed and no news from fibaro developers on Nest topic.

I am not even sure the developers exist, maybe it is just a Fata Morgana....

Maybe if we put in 50 EUR each one who desires the nest plugin working again, maybe we motivate a programmer to help :).?

• Like 1

The worst thing in Fibaro is incompatibility with nest! I really had long thinking what to do, because I use nest thermostat and smoke detectors and cameras.

This is a shame. 

I would pay extra to have this compatibility and I think many of us would too.  

I’d chip in as well, I’m in the same boat with thermostat(s), smoke detectors and cameras.

maybe they should have a way to crowd source here....

Any news, now half a year away?

On 5/22/2018 at 11:07 AM, T.Konopka said:

@Sjekke , we do not have any date or timeline prepared for reintroduction of Nest plugin. We are focusing on releasing the new and stable version of the system. After that we will be able to estimate how much time and resources the Nest plugin will require. So, we do not have any news about Nest.

I could go with node red to my nest thermostat to get the temperature set point, status, etc...-). Finally Google released the API. Don't know how to do it in LUA, but I will use node red to update my Home Center with all this information. I guess it will not take long before somebody release a plugin. End of this long tunnel is close. 

Anyone already browsed through the new Google API for the Nest Thermostat? 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_10/image.png.c917fdd080a345951fff0f2811d8f719.png" />

Some of us are better equipped to do that than others ;) lol, i could volunteer to be an end user tester at least - i have HC3 and almost every Nest device so could be useful 

On 10/30/2020 at 8:41 PM, SmartHomeEddy said:

Anyone already browsed through the new Google API for the Nest Thermostat? 

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_11/2107072560_222.PNG.48a61076982709f069c58a4d05e3e170.PNG" />

I found the above information

Used

My nest is 4

But only one works

But in another way

Other hub => hubitat

You can use the device at

I can't use lua

But will wait

Somebody wants to integrate

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Thanks 1