Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to Connect Nest Thermostat

Shady Hamilton

Question

Dear All,

This is my First topic here, i am moving from Vera to Fibaro, I always wondered which one is the better controller, so I have to have hands on i guess to know which one is the better...

My first issue is my Nest Thermostat controllers, i have two of them, i read around the forum that there used to be a plug in but it is stopped by Fibaro to be updated or something, and I contacted Fibaro support, they said they are not going to work on the Nest plug-in because they are working on their own thermostat, so they don't want to support Nest in a way....

so my question is, since Nest is one of the most popular thermostat controller, did anybody find a way to connect Nest thermstat to Fibaro HC2 please?

Many thanks,

Shady

55 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

What a *abuse* setup procedure. Look like Google doesn't want people to use it. 

I know what you mean. For me it (the setup procedure) worked in one try to be honest. Maybe I got lucky :)

Are you 100% sure that you've entered the right client id? Otherwise just delete the project and start from step 1 again.

Deleted the project, started all over again.

Tried it in Google Chrome, but no luck:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

1 hour ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Deleted the project, started all over again.

Wish I could be of more help but the error seems to indicate that there's still a value missing or wrong. 

Maybe we should take this conversation to github and not clutter the topic with google cloud platform setup.

you get the 400 error if you don't add

Please login or register to see this link.

when generating a client id, just add the url and it works.

after the auth code, the curl step needs to be done and please let me know how that works in your situation, that's were I get stuck.....

11 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

where do I add

?

It's done in this step (#3):

https://developers.google.com/nest/device-access/get-started#set_up_google_cloud_platform

Started all over again, new project, etc. Added 

as redirect URL but still the same error. I quit. 

I've got a basic scene up and running that allows you to control the temperature in heating zones using your Nest thermostat. Currently this scene does 2 things.

1. When you turn the heat up on your Nest it will open all the thermostats in the heating zones that you've specified (and close them once the desired temperature is reached.

2. When you manually set the temperature in a heating zone thats associate with this scene it will adjust the temperature on your Nest and open the valves. When manual mode ends it will set your Nest back to the ambient temperature and close the valves.

It's available here and contributions on how to improve are very welcome.

8 hours ago, Sjekke said:

Hot boiler support?

Not sure what you mean. This scene basically just changes the temperature setpoint on your Nest thermostat. Whatever heating device you've got connected to your Nest should work...

On 11/15/2020 at 9:01 AM, SmartHomeEddy said:

(But you need to pay to get the right credentials) 

Is there a way to pay without a credit card, like Paypal or so?

Sorry I just pushed some buttons and paid with a credit card, Didn’t looked for the other payment methods. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

2 hours ago, Sjekke said:

I also control my warm water boiler with the Nest, not only the heating.

I don't have that setup so not sure if / how that works. The official Nest API also doesn't have anything related to a warm water boiler.

1 hour ago, marcfonteijn said:

I don't have that setup so not sure if / how that works. The official Nest API also doesn't have anything related to a warm water boiler.

Ok thx @marcfonteijn

Any pictures available of the Nest device active on a HC2?

5 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

there is already a HC3 solution

@SmartHomeEddy i couldn't work out how to create the QuickApp file from Github, not something i've done before. Think i've done most of the google stuff before getting the auth codes etc.., but couldn't see where i plug in the details too.

Also did it mention that it was only for one device, i have two thermostats and one controls hot water too?

I have paid the 5 EUR and made all steps until authorization code (included), but cannot get the refresh token.

Maybe it is something simple with that command, but I simply cannot do it :(.

says "protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl" and than some other lines with not recognized command...

Any idea how can I pass this?