Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to Connect Nest Thermostat

Shady Hamilton

Question

Dear All,

This is my First topic here, i am moving from Vera to Fibaro, I always wondered which one is the better controller, so I have to have hands on i guess to know which one is the better...

My first issue is my Nest Thermostat controllers, i have two of them, i read around the forum that there used to be a plug in but it is stopped by Fibaro to be updated or something, and I contacted Fibaro support, they said they are not going to work on the Nest plug-in because they are working on their own thermostat, so they don't want to support Nest in a way....

so my question is, since Nest is one of the most popular thermostat controller, did anybody find a way to connect Nest thermstat to Fibaro HC2 please?

Many thanks,

Shady

13 hours ago, theuksbest said:

couldn't work out how to create the QuickApp

I think this should do the job: 

create a new quickapp

copy the lua code in to it

create quickapp variables

projectIdId of the project created in https://console.nest.google.com/device-access/project-list

clientIdOAuth2 Client ID created in https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials

clientSecretOAuth2 Client ID created in https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials

codeAuthentication code created with https://developers.google.com/nest/device-access/authorize

frequencydelay in second to refresh the value60

@SmartHomeEddy Thanks, which kind of QuickApp device should i use, Generic device?

Also once i have the variables, where do i put them? (it wasn't obvious for me in the code where i should paste)

Will this pull back all devices, i think i understood that it will only pull one back?

There is a Thermostat heat device. Try that one. 

In the quickapp there is a specific section for the quickapp variables

Please login or register to see this attachment.

There you can define the variables and fill in your values. 

Can anyone help me understand step by step what shall I do for the next one, getting the tokens?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_11/Capture.JPG.b393a970a52784ddf3d01762b49e9bfb.JPG" />

9 hours ago, skywalker said:

Can anyone help me understand step by step what shall I do for the next one, getting the tokens?

What have you tried so far and how did that go?

It's really just a matter of filling in the purple variables and executing that curl command.

I have replaced the variables with the actual (oauth2 client id, secret, auth code) and run the curl (copied from the page) in a WIN 10 command prompt, than tried also with a windows terminal app on same windows 10. Cannot execute, I get only errors...."protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl" and than some other lines with not recognized command.

Maybe I execute the curl in the wrong place, I don't know.... My best guess is that I shall execute the curl command totally different than I did....

Without these tokens, I am so close but cannot do anything :(.

Below the result of the command prompt run of the curl command.

Edited by skywalker

18 minutes ago, skywalker said:

I have replaced the variables with the actual (oauth2 client id, secret, auth code) and run the curl (copied from the page) in a WIN 10 command prompt, than tried also with a windows terminal app on same windows 10. Cannot execute, I get only errors...."protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl" and than some other lines with not recognized command.

Maybe I execute the curl in the wrong place, I don't know.... My best guess is that I shall execute the curl command totally different than I did....

Without these tokens, I am so close but cannot do anything :(.

Below the result of the command prompt run of the curl command.

I'm not a windows expert but it seems that you're not executing the curl command in the right way. Good chance that if you google "curl windows 10" or "curl https windows 10" you'll find an answer.

And I think you're right that you're very close...

Only thing i got was to use double quotes, did that....still errors all the way, different type...

25 minutes ago, skywalker said:

Only thing i got was to use double quotes, did that....still errors all the way, different type...

Well at least you know that curl is working on your machine. This now seems to be an issue with the curl command that you're executing. Try google "curl error 411" or "curl content length".

10 hours ago, skywalker said:

Has anybody succeeded with this procedure? Is there any other way to get the tokens?

Me neither, but there will be a day, I will try it again 

On 11/16/2020 at 7:53 PM, SmartHomeEddy said:

Let’s wait until someone else tries it. 

Tried it, same errors as Eddy here.

Tested again on Windows 10, Windows 7....and another Win10...Doesn't work.

Does anybody know any other solution to get the tokens?

4 hours ago, Sjekke said:

Did someone already got a step further? @SmartHomeEddy?

I am trying to keep my Christmas spirit high ? so no, I didn’t give it a try yet. 

But I am Dutch and I paid 5 bucks for this, so I want to get it working, someday. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

I am trying to keep my Christmas spirit high ? so no, I didn’t give it a try yet. 

But I am Dutch and I paid 5 bucks for this, so I want to get it working, someday. 

Fantastisch  ? ... I’m Belgian and will wait till you get it working ...?

• Like 1

I could not find any solution yet... :( maybe if somebody tries with a different operating systems than Win7 and Win10...

On 12/12/2020 at 4:43 PM, SmartHomeEddy said:

@SmartHomeEddy did you already had any chance to get it working?