Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to Connect Nest Thermostat

Shady Hamilton

Question

Dear All,

This is my First topic here, i am moving from Vera to Fibaro, I always wondered which one is the better controller, so I have to have hands on i guess to know which one is the better...

My first issue is my Nest Thermostat controllers, i have two of them, i read around the forum that there used to be a plug in but it is stopped by Fibaro to be updated or something, and I contacted Fibaro support, they said they are not going to work on the Nest plug-in because they are working on their own thermostat, so they don't want to support Nest in a way....

so my question is, since Nest is one of the most popular thermostat controller, did anybody find a way to connect Nest thermstat to Fibaro HC2 please?

Many thanks,

Shady

On 12/28/2020 at 8:20 AM, SmartHomeEddy said:

I have the same error, why are people talking about Curl?

I copy/paste it in mij browser.....

On 12/28/2020 at 8:20 AM, SmartHomeEddy said:

Please login or register to see this code.

I keep getting:

Please login or register to see this code.

6 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

It is for the next step after

Please login or register to see this link.

... you need the terminal application

Ah, i see that i am not at that point, still troubles to authoize my account.

Fout bij autorisatie

Fout 400: redirect_uri_mismatch

The redirect URI in the request, https://www.google.com, does not match the ones authorized for the OAuth client. To update the authorized redirect URIs, visit:

Please login or register to see this link.

14 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

It is a terrible proces. I had two sets of keys when going thru the steps. 

never mind, found it.

Edited by rvelthoen

On 12/30/2020 at 12:49 AM, skywalker said:

• 9.       Take a cold pepsi and enjoy the moment.            ?

I hope I have not missed any small step.....

YESS, tnx Skywalker, i made it too.

Needed postman also, but i got the codes.

In your manual is missing that you have to edit in the scene the vd id's in line 27,28 and 29 but that is obvious.

Tnx again, you made my (satur)day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rvelthoen said:

In your manual is missing that you have to edit in the scene the vd id's in line 27,28 and 29 but that is obvious.

Great to be of help :).

One mention: it's not my manual - cannot take credit for it, it is downloaded from the links I already mentioned (posted on this topic by other colleagues months ago). It was just uploaded in HTML format, so I took out the info inside and post it as text, to be easier for copy/paste.

in the steps I have written, I mentioned to edit lines 18 -> 30 ?

• Like 1

Well, that was only fun for 1 week, it is not working anymore.

Anyone has a solution?

[DEBUG] 20:33:02: Sat 09/01 updateThermostatInfo(): Can't update thermostat. Access Token is empty.
[DEBUG] 20:33:02: Sat 09/01 getAccessToken() failed: 400
[DEBUG] 20:33:02: Sat 09/01 error message: "{\n \"error"

I found that I had the same problem :) Made it working by repeating the last steps (create a new authorization code, new tokens).

It started to work, but as I don't know the root cause, it may happen again in a few days :(..... Maybe somebody finds a clue, as far as I have seen only the access_token is expiring in one hour (3599 seconds), the refresh token shall work. And in the scene, we fill only the refresh_token, the access_token is left empty (on purpose, I assume).

And I have another problem which I found also for some other virtual devices...after changing the icon to a nice one, one click and goes again to the standard icon of virtual devices, the blue cube... Any ideas? I have the same on samsung VD (also not working..) and apple TV...also with problems...

1 minute ago, skywalker said:

any clue on the VD icon auto resetting itself?

Try:

fibaro:call(id, "setProperty", "currentIcon", iconid);

in the mainloop.

• Thanks 1

Just tried. on first click (actually after EACH click)  it makes the blue cube again, but now one second later I have the good icon again.

Strange behaviour......

I have the same behaviour also on Apple TV VD......

LE: seems that this is the "normal" way - icon changes to the icon of the particular button pressed. And then it goes back.... you can use fibaro:sleep(miliseconds number) if eant to keep the pressed icon for a specific period of time.

Edited by skywalker
  • Like 1

weird 

Still working here. Now and then I use the HC2 interface. I never use the google login. Most of the time I use the Google Nest iPad app. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

1 hour ago, rvelthoen said:

And broken again.

So every 7 days my refresh token expires.

exactly the same to mine...7 days - goes out. :(

49 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

weird 

Still working here. Now and then I use the HC2 interface. I never use the google login. Most of the time I use the Google Nest iPad app. 

As far as I remember, your process of taking the tokens was with your MAC, different than our "postman" way.

Can you please adapt the step by step for the MAC and I will ask somebody to obtain the token for me?

I see no other difference or reason of expiring.... Maybe the tokens we get expire because of the process....