Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to Connect Nest Thermostat

Shady Hamilton

Question

Dear All,

This is my First topic here, i am moving from Vera to Fibaro, I always wondered which one is the better controller, so I have to have hands on i guess to know which one is the better...

My first issue is my Nest Thermostat controllers, i have two of them, i read around the forum that there used to be a plug in but it is stopped by Fibaro to be updated or something, and I contacted Fibaro support, they said they are not going to work on the Nest plug-in because they are working on their own thermostat, so they don't want to support Nest in a way....

so my question is, since Nest is one of the most popular thermostat controller, did anybody find a way to connect Nest thermstat to Fibaro HC2 please?

Many thanks,

Shady

19 hours ago, skywalker said:

so, just like a clock....one week - stop working. :(....

Wow, so what magic did Smarthomeeddy, i have the feeling that he is the only one that has it working.

maybe he paid the right amount to the right people :))...not only 5 EUR like myself... :)).

@SmartHomeEddyPlease think about the steps done, maybe you have done some extra steps we did not....

To do that, I need to know what steps I made myself, and what steps you made. That is hard to know with such a complicated almost trail and error method. 

Hello all,

I just aquire a nest thermostat and i try to implement thme in fibaro...

I used the tuto from skywalker in page 9, but im blocked right now on the first step...

Please login or register to see this code.

then i'm redirect to a new page: Google Nest authorization but when i enable everything i have a message when i click on next:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

If i click again on next, it return an error:

Erreur d'autorisation

Erreur 401 : deleted_client

The OAuth client was deleted.

If anyone can help me i dont understant right now!

Best Regards,

David

Edited by SGBVida

Ok it works!

For information, for the previous error i restart from the beginning...

then i had another error when i requested the token, i had an Error 411 (Length Required)!!1 to fix this issue i had in curl request:

Please login or register to see this code.

39 minutes ago, SGBVida said:

i restart from the beginning...

That is the right way. The proces to get the tokens is terrible, but there is hope, several people including me managed the get them. For me it was some trial and error. A fresh restart can help. 

Found why it expires in 7 days, but don't really understand how to go around it :(... Any ideas?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by skywalker
  • Like 1

Wow, you have found it. Now to find out where you can change that publishing status. I would expect it to be around the project settings. Apperently I don’t have a testing status.  I lookrd, but cannot find a status. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

I found something: i have changed to "in production" on app status, instead of testing. I could not change from external user type to internal, i will see how it goes with this one...

Edited by skywalker
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, skywalker said:

I found something: i have changed to "in production" on app status, instead of testing. I could not change from external user type to internal, i will see how it goes with this one...

This must be it, let us know next week, skywalker. 

with current token, as I obtained it before changing on app status, i would suppose it will stop working on Sunday. Then I'll get a new one and...hopefully will work for more :)....WIll let you know.

• Like 1

Thanks, but how do i upload that? when i choose upload in HC3 it only wants to pick up .fqa

@mbnn Only the Lua code is published by GuillaumeWaignier. So you need to create a new QuickApp and copy the code to the main section. Then you probably need some quickapp variables and labels, so you need to scan the code for that. It is not the easy way.