Jump to content
Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
  • 0
Shady Hamilton

How to Connect Nest Thermostat

Question

Dear All,

 

This is my First topic here, i am moving from Vera to Fibaro, I always wondered which one is the better controller, so I have to have hands on i guess to know which one is the better...

My first issue is my Nest Thermostat controllers, i have two of them, i read around the forum that there used to be a plug in but it is stopped by Fibaro to be updated or something, and I contacted Fibaro support, they said they are not going to work on the Nest plug-in because they are working on their own thermostat, so they don't want to support Nest in a way....

 

so my question is, since Nest is one of the most popular thermostat controller, did anybody find a way to connect Nest thermstat to Fibaro HC2 please?

 

Many thanks,


Shady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted (edited)

 

 

Please login or register to see this link.

 

 

 

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

 

Edited by T.Konopka
https://forum.fibaro.com/topic/30009-how-to-properly-attach-images-and-clips-to-your-posts/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/22/2018 at 10:38 PM, Landshark said:

Should be nice to have a section of the forum where you can add a feature request

There you go

Please login or register to see this link.

 

We are doing what we can in supporting 3rd party devices and we devote more and more resource for that. But, as you can guess our system and our modules will always have the highest priority.

Hamorny - plugin should work as expected I do not recall any significant changes recently.

Hue - the same as above

Alexa - the integration works, but need improvements and we are working on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • On 5/25/2018 at 5:44 PM, T.Konopka said:

    We are doing what we can in supporting 3rd party devices and we devote more and more resource for that. But, as you can guess our system and our modules will always have the highest priority.

    Hamorny - plugin should work as expected I do not recall any significant changes recently.

    Hue - the same as above

    Alexa - the integration works, but need improvements and we are working on it

     

    - Do you have a module that can replace Nest?

    - Harmony is running the very basic integration, Harmony is not reporting back its status to be able to know what activity are you running now

    - Hue is not showing under lights, you have to go to plugins to run it. when you open the lights in some room the Hue is not among them

    - Alexa is as you said, it works but slow and sometimes time out. Can't check the status of a lock or Lock it (like Vera for example), only supports block scene

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
    5 minutes ago, Shady Hamilton said:

     

    - Do you have a module that can replace Nest?

    - Harmony is running the very basic integration, Harmony is not reporting back its status to be able to know what activity are you running now

    - Hue is not showing under lights, you have to go to plugins to run it. when you open the lights in some room the Hue is not among them

    - Alexa is as you said, it works but slow and sometimes time out. Can't check the status of a lock or Lock it (like Vera for example), only supports block scene

    i guess that fibaro is making there own thermostat, in combination with there radiatorvalves you can control every room in youre house.

    alexa is working fine icm ha bridge, so you can try that if you want.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, akatar said:

    i guess that fibaro is making there own thermostat, in combination with there radiatorvalves you can control every room in youre house.

    alexa is working fine icm ha bridge, so you can try that if you want.

     

     

    If they are making there own thermostat that doesn't mean they stop supporting one of the most famous thermostat. and if they don't have their thermostat ready yet then we are still without a solution.

    Alexa can work with HA bridge, but adding a computer or PI to your setup just to enable a feature that all other vendors are having by default is not quite right.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Can i ask what thermostat are fully supported on the HC2 please? is Echobee supported? 

     

    cheers,

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
    On 4/9/2018 at 11:29 AM, T.Konopka said:

    @Shady Hamilton , I checked the conversation.

    I apologize, because apparently there was a little misunderstanding. The plugin for NEST will be eventually reintroduced, however, we do not know when. The engineer meant that we do not have a workaround for this solution and at the moment we are not working on one (still meaning the workaround). We have our Heat Controller and we will be still improving it so that we will be able to provide the best heating control devices :)

     

    See, just as we expected.. cause why would you integrate world leading devices into your gateway if you need to promote your own products...

     

    such a shame Fibaro.. Do not listen to your users....why should you ?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    @Shady Hamilton , we will not stop supporting Z-wave devices.

    Nest, however, was a plugin so it was an integration and, therefore, the approach may differ. If a manufacturer of the device that is integrated via plugin changes something we have to estimate what was changed, etc. I don't know how I can explain this better. But, I can assure that we do not want to abandon any integrations - if we do so, we will inform about this and give a short explanation.

     

    On 5/28/2018 at 12:30 PM, Shady Hamilton said:

    Can i ask what thermostat are fully supported on the HC2 please? is Echobee supported? 

    Any Z-Wave thermostat should work, but it may not have a template.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    ×