Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Garage door Controller Gen5 - Log and other devices

Inge

Question

I have a Fibaro HCL With some different Fibaro Z-wave units...and i bought the Aeotec Garage door Controller, its Nice to open and Close garage from the app - BUT the description told me that i could see a LOG for when the garage door was opened and closed, and i could Connect other Z-wave external Devices, f eks a camera that can start when the garage door opens, or maybe a light that come on when the door opens and shuts off when the door Closes. Aeotec say this needs to be done by Programming the Fibaro Controller, but i cant find any Place how i can make a scene or make a setup for this. Anyone have experience With this and can help? 

I can only see if the door is open or closed - see photo under here. The photo With the blue circkle around is what i can see aboue the Aeotec Garage door Controller.

Kind regards, Inge Nordgaard

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

Hi
Maybe I can still help with an idea.:)

I have a lamp that changes color when the alarm is set and it changes to a different color when the alarm is off.

Garage door must be found when you make criteria in a scene, and then turn it on to light or change color on a Zipato bulb.

There are probably some with other ideas.

Hi Inge.
Did you manage to fix the event log problem?

I have the same Aotec opener, and it is connected to my Fibaro HC2 controller.

In my installation I manage to open and close the garage door from Fibaro HC2, and the status "opened, closed" shows correctly.

BUT the event log does not show events for the Aotec opener ?

Best regards, Eirik Flaten