Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Developers lack of competence?

pos

Info sharing....

This is maybe a little mean against Fibaro to write this  (but I of course wont publish any names). But when it happens repeatedly, I actually think the users have the right to know. Maybe others ask the same and have the same problems. Maybe time to start a thread of bugs they do not want to fix or consider not a bug, even if it is...

I gave detailed info to Fibaro (case #127450) that web ui redirect after icon upload fails in HC2 gui when accessing HC2 with a DNS name instead of the IP.

I am speech less when they answered...

Hello Peo,

Thank you for your e-mail.

To be honest, I will not call it a bug or error.

We always recommend to update icons only using local connection via IP address.

Thank you.
Have a nice day.

Of course it is a bug! And the answer just shows they have no competence of networking and how such things should work. I asked for a link to the documentation that says the IP always should be used when accessing the HC2, but got no answer...  Poorly written php I would say. I commented this back, but got no answer at all. This as usual.... That is why I now share the info.

This problem itself is not a biggie and causes no runtime errors. But they could at least have commented that "now it is put on the todo list for fixing", even if it is not top priority. But... it for sure tells me something about Fibaro... Maybe time to leave the product. For me it is not a pricing issue. This is just one thing among many they replied in a similar way.

Peo

• Like 2

Hi @pos ,

Maybe we should indeed consider removing the feature that allows our users to update icons remotely, we'll look into that case.
If you've felt in any way mistreated by our support, I assure you, that wasn't our intention.
Thank you for your insight and we'll be sure to give it some further thought.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

On 17.04.2018 at 9:58 PM, pos said:

But they could at least have commented that "now it is put on the todo list for fixing"

Hi, ip/name icon upload bug is sad, but I wish to see your face when you are trying to turn off the light, and it remains on :D

It was same reaction in my case - not even gave a comment. I "jump" to fibaro because of HiEnd devices look and feel, but support is a cold shower :D

Small comment like "we are working on it" would be ecaxtly what I need.

• Topic Author
  • 26 minutes ago, jack.daniels said:

Hi, ip/name icon upload bug is sad, but I wish to see your face when you are trying to turn off the light, and it remains on :D

Yeah... True! :D

26 minutes ago, jack.daniels said:

It was same reaction in my case - not even gave a comment. I "jump" to fibaro because of HiEnd devices look and feel, but support is a cold shower :D

Small comment like "we are working on it" would be ecaxtly what I need.

Exactly my point